LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT┊KAZUHA

ingredients: while in a sticky situation, you end up running into a white-haired stranger

ingredients: while in a sticky situation, you end up running into a white-haired stranger. now, you found your solution.

calories: kazuha kaedehara + gender neutral reader

serving size: modern au・fluff・962 words

contains: mentions of being stalked/followed, reader's face heating up (no mention of visible blushing).

your mind kept chanting the word "why??" and honestly, you didn't blame it

all you wanted to do was to just take a morning walk along the beautiful ocean. you lived right next to the beach for a while now, why not make good use of it? breathing in the salty yet nostalgic air always made your day so much better, and like usual you wanted a good morning to start off your day.

however as you were walking towards the dock, you felt an unfamiliar presence walking at the same pace behind you. you started to freak out; in all the months of living by the shore, never once did you get followed and frankly, you had no idea of what to do.

at first you thought nothing of it. even if it was early morning, a good amount of people were around and some were even taking runs. it was nothing unusual or out of the ordinary until you realized that every turn you took, the figure behind you turned also. every time you walked a bit faster, so did they.

lots of thoughts were racing through your head. what should i do? should i start running home? or not go home at all? all you wanted was to take a peaceful walk, was that too much to ask?

you were now nearing the end of the dock, cursing under your breath for bringing yourself to a dead end. what to do now? you contemplated, even had the idea of jumping into the cold water -

- well, that thought immediately dissolved when you spotted the cute white-haired boy at the edge of the dock.

what mostly caught your attention was the bright streak of red in the male's hair. he had on a loose white shirt and sneakers along with some ripped jeans. although his clothes didn't matter as the situation at hand was more important, not only was he very attractive but he helped an idea/solution pop into your head.

you started sprinting towards him, hearing the person behind you also run by their footsteps pounding against the hard wood flooring. you guessed the boy in front of you heard it too, because he turned around at the noise and his eyes widened at the sight of you dashing straight towards him.

please work, you internally begged. although you obviously couldn't say it out loud, your eyes showed a little desperate shine in them as you leaped and your feet left the floor.

 although you obviously couldn't say it out loud, your eyes showed a little desperate shine in them as you leaped and your feet left the floor

kazuha kaedehara never really visited the beach before. sure, he went with his older sister beidou when they were much younger but now that his sister actually lives by the beach and begged him to visit, kazuha liked to observe the ocean waves first thing in the morning. the sound of waves crashing and seagulls squawking actually relaxed and distracted his mind from all the current problems of his life.

but he definitely didn't think he would ever see a stranger running towards him and spreading their arms.

kazuha's eyes widened and his confused thoughts mixed together but in the end, it didn't matter as he held his arms out and caught you as you leaped into them. your legs wrapped around his waist and one of his arms wrapped around yours, his other arm circling around your torso and holding you close, hopefully making you feel a bit safer.

kazuha's breath hitched just a little bit when he felt you lean even closer, your mouth beside his ear as you whispered, "sorry, i'm trying to get someone to stop following me." when he scanned your expression as you leaned back again, he could recognize a strike of fear across your face.

so kazuha played along.

a gentle smile made its way onto his face and he let out a soft chuckle, beginning to turn around to spin you with him. your arms instinctively went around his neck in small fear of falling, a laugh eventually bubbling out of you.

"hello darling." you didn't miss the way he looked over your shoulder to check if the person following you was still there. "did you miss me that much?"

your eyes found its way back to his and you stared in awe. his auburn red eyes locked with your ethereal ones, his smile making your heart skip a beat.

"of course," you responded, lifting one of your hands to brush a strand of his hair behind his ear. you only met this stranger less than a minute ago yet he was already causing butterflies to erupt in your stomach.

"kazuha," he softly whispered into your ear and you felt your face heat up. "that is my name."

before you could respond back with introducing your own name, you felt kazuha lower you down and his arms pulling away from you. (you didn't fail to notice how he still kept a hand on your shoulder...) his eyes ran up and down your figure, observing how you looked and keeping it imprinted in his brain.

"it seems the uninvited guest is gone," kazuha spoke, his voice alone soothing you. "are you okay?"

you nodded in return. in all honestly, kazuha had already lifted your spirits up from the situation. "i'm so sorry about this, i really didn't know what to do." you held your hand out for him to shake and he took it. "my name is y/n, thank you so much kazuha."

"what an interesting name." kazuha smiled again and didn't let go of your hand. "i really don't mind talking for a bit more. would you like to grab lunch in a few hours? i would love to get to know you better."

there was no hesitation in your answer. "that would be lovely."