Chapter 7

Francy's p

Francy's p.o.v

"Honey are you okay? You're not eating well these days." Mom passed me a glass of milk to go with my breakfast.

Despite my mom's vegan phase being over and us coming back to at least having dairy, you'd think I'd rejoice. But I was far from it.

I sighed and took the glass. "I can't eat."

"The last time you said that you had bronchitis." Dad instantly checked my forehead.

"It's because of Ace and Lucy. It's been a few days and they still don't have any answers to why they were disqualified. They're back to working day and night to figure it out." Kai explained.

Just as I thought I was going to have more time with my boyfriend.

Not to mention things in my house were weird. We were sitting down and having breakfast yet the house was really quiet. Rehan wasn't here, Ace wasn't either.

Kai and I had gotten really lonely these days. But, I wasn't that worried about things going back to normal. Rehan was going to get commanded to come back home any day now. Mom and Dad had really put trust in Ace and I was sure he didn't want to let them down. He was a tough cookie and he never gave up even with failure. Whether they fix this or not he was going to bounce back. He even told mom he would come home for the summer.

I just really worried about Elric. This game meant everything to him. To ruin his reputation and put him in a bind like this, I doubt he was going to spiral into depression.

More likely the gates of hell would open and he would terrorize the world until he found whoever was to blame and make an example out of him.

I sighed and took another bite of my breakfast with difficulty. He was a cold and calculated man that few dare to provoke.

I looked at Kai. Right.. They were a similar type of cruel.

"What would you do if someone did that to you? You know, blame you for plagiarism without proof." I asked him.

Kai relaxed in his seat and started twirling the fork in the air. "Let's see. If someone did that to me.. I wouldn't sleep until I find that person, torture them with their biggest fear and just when they think they can run and hide, I'd show them just how tiny this world really is." He put his fork down. "Or something like that."

"Oh no." I pushed my plate away and leaned on the table. "I will have to visit him in prison."

Kai shook his head. "Don't worry. We'll get Rehan to break him out. He'll just teleport him."

Mom smiled. "Why is that all our children are all tad dramatic?"

Dad took a bite out of his scrambled eggs. "They must get it from your side of the family."