↻dodici╎story

L/n Y/n's POV

Ugh...my head...

I groaned and fluttered my eyes open.

What happened?

I sat up slowly and noticed I was soaking wet and smelled fishy.

My mind was trying to process what happened before and a thought hit me.

Ah! I drowned and then...and then...

I looked around me and realised that I'm at the river bank and the river seemed like it was shallow, not like the river where I drowned before.

"Where?" I muttered softly and tried to stand up but it seemed like I'm out of energy.

I lied back on the ground and took a deep breath.

"Did I drift here?" I asked myself.

I sighed in relief knowing that I'm still alive and able to live much longer considering that I'm still young.

Cross out my life as a sorcerer...of course.

Just when I was about to take a quick nap to charge my energy, I heard footsteps but...it sounds off.

I peeked to the side to see what it was and saw the boy from before.

He looks like he just got out of the water, judging from his wet figure.

My eyes went wide and without thinking much, I ran to the boy.

"Kid, are you okay!?"

I shouted and when my hands went to grab his shoulders, I was shocked to see my hands went through him.

Too shocked to react, I didn't even notice that my body went through him and I fell and hit my body hard on the ground.

"Grrr, my chin..." I groaned and rubbed my chin.

I felt something wet only to find that my chin was bleeding.

"Nee-san, are you okay?"

I turned behind and saw the boy crouching down to my level with a concerned face.

"Ah...yes...I think..." I mumbled and slowly sat up, my eyes never left him.

The boy smiled weakly at me and walked near the river.

I stared at his back and gulped.

I gathered all my courage and asked him what was on my mind.

"Are you a spirit?"

He stared at the river with a small smile.

Somehow, seeing his smile hurt my heart.

"Maybe..." he answered weakly.

Oh god, kid, what happened to you? Please don't make a face like that, you're hurting me...

I bit my bottom lip as my face hardened.

"Hey...what happened?" I asked.

"I drowned."

...huh?

"I drowned at the river where you drowned before."

I blinked my eyes a few times. My mind was trying to process his words.

"So...ah...at the river where I drowned just now...is the river where you drowned and...die...?" I whispered the last word, afraid I might hurt his feelings.

The boy nodded his head.

I watched as he stared at the river with sad eyes and felt my heart stung.