iii. red brick wall pt.2

volume three / red brick wall pt

volume three / red brick wall pt.2

IVY OPENED HER EYES ONCE SHE WAS SURE HER FEET HIT THE FLOOR. Still shaken by the experience, she slowly took in her surroundings.

She noticed the cloudy weather and shops all around her. The black cat had seemed to disappear entirely. A sense of dread filled her. Where was she? How was she going to get back home?

Ivy turned back to the wall and put her hand through frantically.

It went through.

A small sigh of relief passed through her. She turned back to the shops that surrounded her — There seemed to all carry a gloomy look that made Ivy shiver. She wandered for a moment, taking in the change of surroundings. People in unusual robes passed by, giving her nasty looks.

Before she could get herself in more trouble an arm grabbed for her, dragging her to a deserted spot."What do you think you're doing?" A woman dressed in purple robes asked her.

"Excuse me? You were the one to grab me." Ivy said hotly.

"Yeah, I'm saving your arse. What's a girl like you doing in a place like that. It's KnockTurn Alley! Surely you know better." The woman looked about Ivy's age, maybe a few years older. Her hair was tied back into a loose ponytail, showcasing her high cheekbones and full lips.

Ivy decided to keep quiet about what she had found. It wouldn't do her any good telling strangers her secrets. "Yes, of course. I had lost track of time, I'm sorry." Ivy shook her head and gave the stranger a small smile.

"It's quite alright. Let me get you out of here. My name is Cheri Withers, by the way." Cheri introduced herself, mirroring Ivy's smile. "You know how to use Apparition, right?"

Ivy tilted her head in confusion. What was Apparition? Was it some kind of new technology she hadn't heard of? "Uh, no, I don't think so."

Cheri frowned. "Really? You were never taught it? Oh, I'm prying, so sorry! I'll just take you with me. Grab my hand, dear."

Ivy reluctantly grabbed Cheri's arm. "It'll be a strange feeling if this is your first time. Hold on tight." Something in Ivy's mind told her that this was not going to be fun. Closing her eyes and holding on tight at Cheri's warning.

A wave of nausea passed through her and bile raised in her throat. Opening her eyes when she felt her feet hit the ground once more. "And here we are! Diagon Alley." Cheri smiled and threw her arms forward in a grand expression.

Ivy's face paled at the new world in front of her. Flying books. Colorful and exotic robes. Broomsticks. It was almost too much for the frazzled girl. "You look a little overwhelmed. I guess Apparition can do that to some?" Cheri took in Ivy's appearance with distaste.