Birthdays

A/N:
Happy birthday to the no1 badass, genius Annabeth!The biggest rebel, sarcastic, strategic, intelligent, inspiring, beautiful queen in the riordanverse <3

Also, what do you guys think if I entered this year's Wattys?
Thank you as always for all the love and support and votes. I love chatting to all of you, see you in the comments! 💕

HEADCANON:
Annabeth Chase edition
Warning: contains much fluff

No plans and No idea at all

Or so she assumes. She goes to bed the night before assuming he's gonna wing it for her birthday tomorrow. Maybe he planned a surprise party? That wouldn't make sense, he tried that last year and she found out a week before. Yes that may have involved some snooping and minor stalking, but she was worried it would be a bad plan. She was worried because good plans are hardly his strength.

Unlike when she threw the perfect surprise party for him, in Poseidon's underwater palace. Everyone had gotten personalised air bubbles to breathe in, courtesy of the sea god. Although, Frank had to spend the entire evening as a baby shark after he sneezed and burst his - so almost perfect, but that's a story for another time.

Rise and Shine

She wakes up to a kiss on her nose. Then her forehead.

Happy birthday Annabeth

And her eyes open very slightly to the sight of Percy, grinning like an idiot and she loves it. But then she checks the time on her phone. 7am.

Noooo she mumbles. She's tired and he's warm and comfy. She hopes no plan means they can lie in bed longer. Let me sleep.

He completely ignores her and plants kisses on her eyelids and both her cheeks and she pouts to feign her annoyance.

But then he kisses her lips and she's smiling.

Beaches and Bubbles

They end up at the beach. She was grinning the entire car ride here. But the moment they step out the Prius he shouts "A beautiful day at the beach with the most beautiful bi-"

She punches him before he can finish.

So what if she's pretty sure he did, in fact, wing it? It's her birthday. It's just the two of them. She does kinda wonder why they came to the beach since that's more Percy's thing. But she loves how happy he is.

Picnic breakfast and there's waffles - Annabeth's favourite. Maple syrup and lots of blueberries on top.

They sun bathe. And do some reading. Well she does, engrossed in the latest architecture magazine while her head rests in his lap and he plays with her curls.

But then Percy gets bored. So he picks her up, running like a madman to the water. And she's screaming and laughing cause she's still holding onto her magazine. They're fully submerged and her magazine is ruined, but she doesn't really care cause she's kissing him and her hands are all tied up in his hair anyway.

It goes on for about half a minute and she's kinda worried he somehow forgot she can't breathe underwater.

He didn't forget. The air bubble forms and her lungs scream for air, but his lips still won't budge. It is good cardio though, she figures. They chat and cuddle for a while.

And the sun shines through the clear blue water and she's admiring all the fish and hippocampi that swim by. Percy claims they're all calling her Mrs Lord and wishing her happy birthday.