Aren't you gonna ask me out?

Annabeth gets mad when people interrupt her. But it's okay, Percy fixes it. Sort of.
(After The Last Olympian)
~Annabeth's POV~

Annabeth sighed into her hands, her elbows propped up on the desk. She crumpled up another sketch in frustration. Coming up with a design for her mother's statue on Mt. Olympus was proving to be a real challenge.

Why did everything have to be so difficult?

It was her dream to design the house of the gods, and now she couldn't even come up with a design for a stupid statue.

Annabeth leaned back on her chair and groaned. She shifted her head sideways to look around her cabin, all her siblings were out, running around doing their afternoon activities. Great. She had excused herself from any activities today in order for her to draw up some sketches. She was three hours in now, and all she'd accomplished was a bin full of crumpled paper.

It was starting to feel like her grand reward for saving the world wasn't much of a prize. More like another chore Annabeth had been given by those ignorant, self-involved immortals. It seemed so much easier until she actually started working on it, when everything was in her head it seemed perfect- flawless, even. But translating her ideas onto paper? It made Annabeth want to go on another silly quest to save the world.

Saving the world wasn't silly, but when you have a throne room full of thirty foot tall gods, you can't help but wonder if sometimes they could actually fix their own problems.

Annabeth scowled at her blank sheets, tying her hair back in a ponytail. She wiped away the thin layer of sweat forming on her forehead. Hey, drawing was hard okay?

Annabeth picked her pencil off the floor, where it had previously been throw in frustration and began a new sketch of Athena. Maybe she could draw an owl to go with it?

Honestly, she couldn't decide and it was making her anxious. She had a meeting at Olympus this weekend and no doubt her mom wouldn't be very forgiving if she turned up empty-handed.

    There was a knock at the cabin door. "Hey Annabeth, what's up? Have you seen my rat?"

    Annabeth turned around in her chair, and came to face Travis Stoll. His fingers were fidgeting with the hem of his camp shirt and a blue cap sat crooked on his head. He was smiling, but he looked nervous at the same time. He looked scared to interrupt Annabeth while she was doing work, but he also seemed pretty determined to hide it. She decided to spare his blushes. He was right to be scared of course, interrupting her while she was doing work was suicide for anyone. Well, anyone apart from-

    "Uh, Annabeth? Is now a bad time?" Travis shifted uncomfortably on his feet. Annabeth realised she'd been making a face- not a very pleasant one, from the caution which sounded from his voice.

    "Nope. Sorry." Was all Travis got in reply. She really didn't feel like talking to anyone, especially when she was annoyed.

    "Oh, okay. Uh, um...thanks. Anyways...."

    Annabeth turned back to her desk and picked up her pencil. She could hear Travis' footsteps as he retreated back to the entrance of the cabin.

And he couldn't keep his stupid mouth shut. Annabeth hadn't even brought the pencil down to the paper before he blurted, "So what are you working on? Looks pretty important."

Annabeth bit down on her lip, hard.

"Um, yeah. It is important and it's also keeping me really busy." She huffed, not bothering to face him, Annabeth carried on with her new sketch.