The Interrogation

Selina was sitting in a typical interrogation room and was mindlessly playing with some silk she produced. It was three days after she woke up in the room in UA and she was waiting in the bare room staring straight at the one sided glass that took up a good portion of the wall in front of her. After about fifteen more minutes, in which she managed to make an amigurumi spider, three individuals walked in. The first was Mr. Scruffy, better known as Aizawa, who looked disheveled as always followed by a man in a trench coat with a small smile on his face. The third individual was interesting to say the least. He looked like he was part mouse and part dog and he was wearing a suit.

They spoke a little in Japanese and then Mr. Scruffy turned to her.

"I assume that Recovery Girl has caught you up with a couple of things you need to know like what a quirk is."

"Yes."

"Good. That makes things a little easier. Detective Tsukauchi here has a quirk that allows him to tell if a person is lying. Just make it simpler for yourself by telling the truth."

"I wasn't planning on lying."

Aizawa looked pretty miffed and was about to say something when the mouse-dog creature put a hand up and said "That's enough for now Eraserhead. You must be wondering who I am or what I am. I could be a dog, a mouse or a bear, but more importantly, I'm the principal of UA High."

"Hello."

"You don't speak very much do you." Detective Tsukauchi piped in.

"I don't see a reason to engage in banter during an interrogation."

"I think I might be warming up to you kid." Aizawa said.

"Eh. Can we get on with this please?"

Detective Tsukauchi pulled out a file from his briefcase and placed it on the table. "First I'd like you to tell me a little about yourself, where you were born, where you went to school and such."

"My name is Selina Everett. I was born in the United States and lived there for a couple years. After my younger brother was born, we moved to Korea for my dad's work and I studied half of my primary school and all of my middle and high school there. I went to college in a closed off campus called the Nest that was designed to keep us insect humans safe and hidden from the rest of the world."

Aizawa and Nezu looked at the detective. "It's the truth."

"She looks like a fourteen year old, how could she have been in college?" Aizawa said.

"I didn't look this young back in my world. I'm guessing that the portal brought me to another world and made me younger than I should be."

"Truth." Detective Naomasa's eyes widened. "This would mean that there are other worlds out there like they theorized in the past." The three of them reverted back into Japanese and spoke for a bit before the detective posed another question to Selina.

"What is your quirk?"

"You see I don't actually have a quirk per se. I was one of the individuals affected by Jungle Juice, this weird bug spray that combined my DNA with spiders."

"Truth again. Can you demonstrate it?"

"Sure." She noticed Aizawa's hair floating and his eyes turning red as she aimed her spinnerets at the briefcase sitting on the table and yanked it towards her when it stuck. "I can change the properties of my silk too. It can be tough or stretchy or soft or sticky. I'm kinda working on making it fireproof too cause that's been a huge weakness of mine."

"Well I think we have officially established that what you have is not a quirk. Eraserhead's quirk erases other's quirks when he uses it so the fact that you could still use yours is undeniable proof that you are from another world." Nezu said.

"Would you like to share where you got your scars from?" Tsukaushi questioned, gesturing to the many scars on her arms.

"I'm not comfortable talking about them." she saw her interrogators' eyes soften a little.

"That's okay. Alright I just have one last question for you. Do you plan on harming any people while you are here in this world?"

"No."

Detective Tsukauchi narrowed his eyes at her "Please tell the truth." Aizawa looked on guard and Nezu just ... took a sip of tea. She didn't see that tea cup with him before.

She sighed "Fine. The only reason I can think of for why your quirk registered that as a lie was because I really want to sucker punch the person responsible for making me change worlds."

"Truth. Alright my work here is done. I'll be waiting outside if you need me. It was quite nice meeting you, Selina Everett." He turned towards Nezu and said "I'll arrange getting her a passport and birth certificate as a US citizen and a Korean one." and with that, he stood up, grabbed his file and briefcase, which Selina put back on the table, and walked out of the room.

"Now that that's done with, how would you like to join UA?" Nezu said.

"And learn how to be a hero and help people? Sure, where do I sign up."

"I'll have you take the entrance exams for next year as your age matches with the age of the incoming students. In the meantime, I would like to tutor you in Japanese so that you can keep up with everything if that's alright with you."

"That works. I've been meaning to learn Japanese as an elective in college anyway."

"Perfect. The only thing left for us to do is to get you a legal guardian."

"I didn't think I'd need one."

"In this world, you are still underage and as such require a legal guardian. Let's have Aizawa adopt you!"

Aizawa's eyebrows shot up a fraction and Selina got the impression that he wasn't aware of this arrangement. Her theory was proved to be correct when they got into a rapid conversation in Japanese. When it ended, Aizawa dragged his hand down his face and Nezu calmly sipped his tea with a terrifying smile on his snout. "I guess you're Aizawa Selina now."

"I'd prefer it to be Selina Everett Aizawa if that's alright with you."

"That works."

"Perfect! Now let's have you say your temporary goodbyes to Recovery Girl, I understand that you've gotten quite close to her, and then we can have you on your way to your new home."