Entrance Exams

"Selina! It's February 26th. Time to leave for your entrance exams." Selina heard Aizawa's tired voice call out to her as she nyoomed down the stairs while pulling down her tank top.

"I'm here! I'm here! Can we go now?" she asked, already putting on her shoes.

Aizawa sighed and said "At least grab a protein bar before you get into the car! And put on a shirt!"

"All right dadzawa." Selina ran over, grabbed a protein bar, waved it in Aizawa's face and ran to the couch to pick up the black hoodie she claimed ownership of after Aizawa left it home. She stuck her tongue out at him and made her way to the car. She could've sworn she heard him chuckle but shrugged it off; his laugh was probably as creepy as his smile.

Seating herself in the passenger seat, she plugged in her phone and picked a song she'd been listening to on repeat for a while. The Day by ポルノグラフィティ. Aizawa walked into the car and let out another sigh. "Not this song again child. How long will you stick to this one?"

"Until I find another one pops. Now bear with me and enjoy the song while you're at it."

"Just, please, no more demonic screeching."

Selina let out a heavy sigh and said "I make no promises."

"THE DAY HAS COOOOME!"

"Alright cease. We're here."

As Selina was about to head out of the car, Aizawa cleared his throat and said "I know you didn't want to take a recommendation exam but I trust you to get in. You're strong kid."

"I know pops." Selina smiled all the way to the hero course orientation, knowing that Aizawa's praise was hard to come by.

She had been training with Aizawa in the mornings and learning Japanese with Nezu in the afternoons everyday until the entrance exam. She was also a frequent visitor to Granny Chiyo's office for obvious reasons - she wanted to talk to her but also couldn't keep herself injury free while sparring with Aizawa. She made a couple of friends among the upperclassmen - her favorite being Takahashi Akio - an individual with a quirk similar to the powers she was used to in her original world.

This was the first time in the seven months she's known him that she received his praise and she was proud of the fact that she got some recognition from him. While their relationship started off far from pleasant with Aizawa treating her like a ticking time bomb, in about two months, they had come to respect each other. They treated each other much like one would an unknown roommate - conversing when required and giving each other the space they need.

After a certain "episode" she had multiple times, a near death experience, and the daily troubles one faces when living in the same house as another individual, they had come to care for each other, although she avoids calling him Dad directly.

Selina settled herself in her assigned seat and watched as the lights shone onto Present Mic one by one. He started by saying "For all you examinee listeners tuning in, welcome to my show today! Everybody say "hey"!"

The expected silence followed.

"What a refined response. Then I'll quickly present to you the rundown on the practical exam! Are you ready? Yeah!"

Another awkward silence.

Selina overheard some kid fanboy over Present Mic before her attention shifted back to the person on stage.