01

After assuring my mom that I'm fine for the millionth time I end the call. My second year, first year was shit. How am I supposed to make friends when everytime they go out I can't afford to? So I stick to my books, my head in a cloud but when you're a scholarship student in a private school with no friends, wearing second hand clothes you're bound to get noticed. When you're not brave enough to stand up for yourself you get bullied. The strong prey on the weak and the weak cowers in the shadows, staying silent.

That's my life. I'm the weak, I growled and fling the pillow across the room. I curled up o the bed hugging my stuffie as tears slowly fell.

After an hour or so I woke up and decided to go for a run. Stuffing my ears with music to drown out the world. I walked outside enjoying the breeze as it blew my hair, I inhaled, forgetting my problems for a while and then I began running. I run to feel, feel the air and the earth, feel the rain and absorb the hues of the daylight.

This was my geta- "Aaah!" I screamed as my head commenced to spin, my ankles twisted as I began to fall but before my head could hit the cold, hard ground, strong hands pulled me to my feet and there I was face to face with a green eyed man.

"Woah there, be careful luv," he said with a very deep voice "I'm sorry, can you stand?"

"Y-yeah I'm fine," I squeaked, holding my head down and backing away from his hold. Pain shot through my ankle and I tried my best to act natural.

"Hmm ok, my bad," he said once more and moved to the side making way for me to continue my run. I couldn't possibly run with a twisted ankle. I slowly looked up to see him looking at me expressionless, I couldn't tell what he was thinking but it's clear he could see through me, he knew I was lying.

"I-I'm just gonna head back," I turned quickly forgetting about my foot and growled as the pain worsened and just like that he was at my side again.

"It's all good," I hurriedly say.

"Is it? I'll give you a ride," he said firmly.

"Uh stranger danger I don't know you,for all I know you could-"

"If I wanted to harm you I could, you're in no position to run or neither could you fight me and we're in a secluded area. Let's go," he cut me off and started walking, my hands resting gentle on his arm for support.

My heartbeat increased in my chest as we made our way towards his car, it looked nice and expensive. I have no idea what type of car it was. He opened the door, helping me in and then went over the other side.

"School?" he asked.

"Yes," I said with a sigh.

"Something wrong?" he questioned.

"It's alright," I wasn't gonna talk to a stranger about my problems, when I knew tears would come if I started talking.

"We're here."

That was quick, I looked through the window as I saw Ashley Hemings standing outside, her face full of makeup, her shorts that could pass as underwear leaving her legs for the world to see, her tan skin showing she was at the spa recently. She giggled with her friends and my breath stopped at the thought of passing them. Memories of last year flooded my mind and tears threatened to fall.

"P-please drive," I pleaded looking at Mr Green-eyed and he did just that.

After a couple minutes I mumbled, "I'm sorry," he just kept driving. My heart pounded in my chest, what was I thinking? Getting in the car with a complete stranger.

"Coffee?"

"W-what?" I asked in shock and that's when I noticed the car had stopped in front of the coffee shop I onced worked at.