06

I want so much to not think at all, I want to be absorbed into the darkness that the night promised me hours ago. To drift into the world of dreams. Yet my brain is a violent whirl of stupidity, reminding me of the chaos in my life. This sleeplessness is my torture.

Groaning I stepped out of bed, I made my way to the kitchen. Annabelle didn't give me a tour of the place but I think the kitchen is downstairs, it can't be that hard to find.

I stared at his door beside mine, wondering how the inside looked.

Making my way downstairs, lights could be seen coming from a room. Standing in front I wondered if he was in there, curiosity got the best of me and I rested by head against the door. I couldn't hear anything and I sighed. Just then the door flew open and my body got ready to meet the floor. Strong hands pulled me up and I stared at him, gosh this was embarrassing.

"It's soundproof, now what do you want Katiana?" his face showed no emotion and I got scared. Wait, could he see me? His hand still held onto me and I held my head down.

"I'm sorry," I swallowed, he let go of my hand and the first thing I did was try to run. Yes I tried before he pulled me back by my dress collar.

"Why were you here in the first place?" he questioned shutting the office door "You want to leave so soon Katiana?" Gosh I loved how he said my name.

"N-no," I mumbled "I wasn't trying-" he raised his hands and I screamed covering my face. My heart pounded in my chest as I waited for the hit but it didn't come. Removing my hand I looked at him as he stared at me.

"I'm not gonna hit you Katiana," he said as his hands gently held my face "Who was it?" His jaw clenched and he was angry. My uncle didn't hit me, curse me yes but my mom always protected me but my mom wasn't at boarding school with me. So I had to protect myself or just take it. I didn't really fear Ashley. Not really scared of her, her boyfriend was the threat.

I stared at him, hesitant to say anything but maybe finally talking about it would stop the nightmare. He raised an eyebrow waiting on me to talk.

"Austin Brown, he was my boyfriend,well that really. We had just been talking for a week. He kept pressuring me for it and I gave in and then he-" I swallowed the lump in my throat as the tears formed in my eyes "He recorded it and used it against me, I had no idea and then he dumped me. Whenever he was angry, he would find me and hit me over and over again" I was in tears by then and Damian hugged me while I cried in his arms.

I felt safe in his arms. There was something so warm, something that felt right, smelt right. I relaxed my body , my muscles became loose as his strong arms that tell everything that I am- my body, brain and soul - that they are with him.

***

I sat in the kitchen eating Helena baked cookies. She was an excellent cook, she wasn't really a talker though. Quiet and always in the kitchen. It's been a week since that night, Damian was nowhere to be seen and now that I think about it, I haven't seen Annabelle since that whole gym incident.

"Um Helena, have you seen Annabelle?" I questioned.

Helena turned around giving me a small smile "At the club," she probably noticed my confused face because she continued "She works at the club, you haven't been outside yet, have you?"

"No I haven't," I took the next bite of my cookie.

"This is a big place, Katiana," she said with that same smile.

Just then Annabelle ran in, wow.

"Just the girl I was looking for," she said with a sly smile "So did you hear?"

"What?"

"I mean I didn't want to be the one to tell you but in the mafia, the ones you love always get hurt. You can always leave of course," she said with a shrug and rolling her eyes grabbing a cookie "They bought in this boy named Austin, I assume you know him because he's from your school, I'm sorry Katiana but they're gonna kill your boyfriend."

She wasn't sorry I could see it in her face, she was trying to get rid of me. Trying to make me angry, but she didn't know one thing.

"He's not my boyfriend," I marched to my room taking my cookies with me. Someone was gonna lose they're life all because of me.

Damian POV

"S-stop please!" He shouted with eyes full of water "I can give you money."

"Hmm no, I don't want your money," I chuckled.

"You're sick!" he shouted "You're sick!"

"So much anger," I glared at him, "See you've been using it on the wrong person."

"Please man," he begged like the little boy he is.

"You're weak," I walked towards him. "Pathetic," I pressed the blade against him. Shaking my head I plunged the knife into his neck slowly.

"Please," he whispered, yeah I bet Katiana begged you to stop.

"You're nothing," watching as more inches of the knife entered his neck, piercing his flesh with a sickening tearing sound.

His eyes widened and he gasped for air.

Blood was spraying uncontrollably out of his fresh wound.

Twisting the knife I cut off all his intake.

Who's weak now?