05

The following morning at five, I was out of bed. After brushing my teeth and putting on my sports and seamless leggings. I went to the gym. I'm gonna talk to Damian today if it's the last thing I do. I swing the door open with a determined look.

"Oh you're awake," well looks like I wasn't the only one that wants to see Damion.

"Look Annabelle I'm sorry about yesterday but I need an explanation," I said walking towards the gym.

"Mr Santiago isn't a fan of noise especially when he's doing his workout," I heard her say behind me.

"I'm just gonna workout, nothing to worry about Annabelle," my heartbeat increased the closer I got to the door. Breathe, breathe gosh what was I thinking? What happened to the confidence I had a few minutes ago? With shaky hands I turned the knob and stepped in.

The large grey gym came into view, containing exercise bikes and running machines.The large gym offers a variety of exercise equipment and weights going up to 100 pounds which of course Damian was currently lifting.

I quickly closed the door behind me, Damian was aware of my presence and looked up at me.

"I-I uh don't mind me," I said swallowing "I just gonna," I walked quickly over the treadmill. Breathe okay. Just you and him alone in a room. I didn't plan to actually exercise but here I was on a treadmill.

After a couple minutes, I stopped. I came here to talk to him. That's what I'm gonna do. Slowly walking towards him, he must've heard me because he turned around with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm just gonna," and there I was picking up a dumbbell ready to do some squats. What the hell is wrong with me? He was still standing not doing anything, he probably knew I wasn't gonna do any squats, this shit is painful. I looked up at him and yep he was looking at my butt.

I dropped the dumbbell and got up quickly.

"Uh-"

"Why are you here Katiana?" he questioned, staring straight into my eyes.

What? I should be asking you that.

"Uh I don't know why am I here?" No, he's probably asking why I'm in the gym. "I wanted to talk to my 'future husband'," I emphasized at the end.

"Why couldn't you pick another girl?" I said quietly.

"I didn't pick you, my father did but if you weren't here where would you go?" he questioned and I froze. "I mean come on Katiana the one family member that cared about you is dead," ouch that pained my heart "And your uncle had no problem selling you off. None of us is getting out of this marriage luv."

"Wait what?" I didn't know that. When did that happen? Sold me?

"Come on Katiana, how bad can it be staying here with me?" he smirked, "I'll give you three months."

"What?" I questioned, three months for what? He still had a smirk on his face and walked towards me. I swallowed and stepped back until my back hit something. He was watching my every move with his gorgeous face and toned muscles. Why did he have to be cute? He leaned towards me, my breast pressing against his. Yeah I wasn't short, I was 5'6 and yet he stood above me. "Three months to see who falls in love first," he whispered, his lips gently touching my ears, that caused chills to run through my body. The urge to run my fingers against his stomach was so strong and then he stepped back, grabbing his water from behind me.

He smirked as he walked out the door.