02

Looking out the window, watching the sky slowly change, it began to darken and large pillows of clouds were forming. I loved the rain, the smell and the calming sound that helps me sleep. The rain is a wonderful thing, it washes the world and quenches the soil. I refocus my attention on the green-eyed man in front of me, he still hadn't touched his coffee. Doing the only thing he had been doing for the past hour, staring at me, studying me.

Deciding to break the silence I asked, "What's your name?"

"Xavier and you?" he said with his deep voice telling you he's very confident and dominant. It made me feel somewhat safe.

"K-Katiana," I said, clearing my throat.

"Nice to me you Katiana," he emphasized my name "Should we get going before the rain unless of course you want to talk about earlier."

"I um I just met you," I said trying to keep eye contact, looking into his green eyes I saw the forest, fresh leaves that had just begun to bloom.

The car ride back to the school was silent, I was nervous. I took deep breaths and played with my fingers to calm myself. If he ever finds out what a nobody I really am, he wouldn't be treating me like this. He looked like somebody rich and important, his nice suit, dominating voice and beautiful car with this amazing smell. Sadly the car finally came to a stop.

I sighed, now what, I sat there awkwardly looking at my lap.

"Uh thank-," he wasn't there and then that's when I felt the cold breeze hit my skin as he opened the door for me. I stepped out and stood in front of him. This is probably the last time I'll see him.

"I-I," just say it goddammit, what is wrong with me? And then I hugged him, I freaking hugged him. He smelled outrageously expensive and sexy. I pulled away quickly. "I'm gonna uhm go now."

"Here," he finally said, handing me his phone.

"If you know about me, you wouldn't want to know me," I assured .

"I doubt it."

"I'm broken," I whispered.

"Everybody is broken Katiana, some just do a better job at hiding it."

"I uh need to go," I said quickly, putting in my number and giving the phone to him.

"Bye," I scampered inside the school, sighing as the door closed behind me. That was so embarrassing. I hated walking down this corridor at night by myself. I hugged myself as I hastened my steps.

"Katiana!" I heard giggles behind me and I already knew who it was. Refusing to turn around, I ran to my room and closed the door. My heart was pounding in my chest as I slid against the door.

You're alright Katiana, you're alright

My knees felt weak as my head began to hurt, remembering everything brought tears to my eyes. I just sat there unable to move as the tears fell from my eyes.