Chapter 3

3. Dreaming

                                                                                                            Amber

            My eyes opened, I looked up at Rhea who was carrying me through the doors to somewhere.

            I smiled at her, Rhea frowned down at me. She looked worried. I wanted to comfort her to tell her it was okay but my mouth wouldn’t work.

            Phoebe, Araan and Celine rushed into the room, they were waiting for me?

            Someone lifted me out of Rhea’s arms. ‘No’ I thought, I wanted to stay with Rhea.

            Ben walked in he was holding a box of files in his arms that fell to the floor when he saw me.

            Where was Chris? Then I remembered, Chris was dead

            My world shattered and my consciousness swallowed me.

            “She should be waking up soon” A voice said “I did the best I could but her injuries were severe”.

            “What was she even doing in the forests” someone else said “She was assigned to clearing the ruins”

            I fought with my heavy eyelids until the voices finally slipped away

            I dreamt of Rhea and Ben when we were first made Rapids, we were young and powerful and the three of us were best friends.

            “Amber” Rhea laughed “Look at us” she and Ben were hanging of the side of the roof of the Rapid training centre testing their new climbing skills.

            It was about three months after we had all been changed

            “Amber, Amber” Ben cried “Watch this” he jumped up higher and swung himself over the second story windows.

            “That’s nothing” laughed Rhea eager to beat him. She climbed higher than Ben and lifted herself over Dr Vivian’s third storey balcony.

            “Oh” cried Rhea and her hand slipped off the edge of the rails.

            “Grab my hand” yelled Ben who leant forward and caught Rhea in his arms

            Rhea leant over and kissed him on the cheek, Ben went red and smiled back at her.

            “Come on Amber” yelled Rhea as I ran to join them.

            Then everything changed.

            Rapids were running all over the Training Centre destroying everything they could find, destroying my home.

            It was dark and the only light was provided by the flashes of fire burning down the East wing, it wasn’t supposed to turn out like this, where was everyone.

            “Amber” someone screamed I looked down to where Dione, Kane and Zeke where running down the staircase “Hurry” yelled Zeke “Grab my arm” they pulled me down the stairs and into the forest.