38- 𝕽𝖊𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖙𝖊𝖉

SCARLETTE

SCARLETTE

We freeze in place and I know this is probably the end of the road for us. I turn towards the boy and decide to try pleading with him.

"Please I don't know who you are but at least let us just go back", I say desperately.

His confused face soon turns into one of both shock and disturbance.

I look back at everyone and make a sign to get ready to run, and as soon as he takes another step forward we start running.

"WAIT, I can help!", he says yelling causing us to stop in our tracks.

I stop and for some reason, I get a gut feeling that listening to him would be in our best interests, although I'm not sure how he could possibly help us. Despite that, I don't let my guard down for a second.

"What are you doing?!", Liam shouts from behind me.

"Right how could you even consider his help when he is walking around freely in a house that belongs to Alvarez the psycho", Kiera adds.

"Hold on I remember this dude from when I had to work for Alvarez, your the nephew that we weren't allowed to speak to right?", Alex questions from behind me.

"huh, his nephew. Anybody related to him can't be good news", I say.

"Please just hear me out", The boy with thick glasses says.

"Anyways How could you possibly help us", I say ignoring the continuing protests behind me.

"IM not actually his nephew, but aside from that I need to know your name right now", he says with a desperate tone.

I look at Liam, Kiera, and Alex then back to him with a questionable look on my face.

"Don't tell him how do you know we can trust him", Kiera quickly says.

"Please I need to know", He speaks up eagerly.

"My name's Scarlette, why is that important right now. you said you'd get us help", I say in a strict tone.

"No way...", he says with a faraway soft look in his eyes.

he charges towards me quickly and before I even realize his arms engulf me in the most secure hug and for some reason, I feel at peace even tho it's a stranger hugging me right now I didn't feel uncomfy or threatened in any way.

Suddenly he's pushed off of me by Liam.

"Why the hell are you touching her", He says a scary look painted on his face.

The boy gets up from the floor with tears in his eyes streaming down his now slightly red face.

"I-Its me, DANTE your twin", he says throwing his glasses down onto the floor.

Oh My God.

I slowly walk towards him until were face to face and for some reason, I feel nervous. I stare back into his vulnerable grey eyes that mirror my own and I know his story checks out. I immediately pull him into a hug and we stand there hugging in what feels like forever.

"I can't believe I found you", I whisper against his shoulder tears now evident in my eyes.

"Yeah same here, I can't process the fact that your actually standing right in front of me", he says pulling out of the hug.

"How did you even get here?", Dante asks.

"the same way as you, I've been trapped in his basement for a few months with mainly Liam these 2 came later. we were often beat for stupid things", I say frowning.

"Damn he hurt you, it's definitely gonna be over for him now", Dante says gritting his teeth in anger.

"Anyway what about you,...How has Alvarez been treating you", I say scared of his response.

"Like I'm his actual nephew he constantly forces me to try and become something I'm not ever since I was kidnapped 2 years ago", he says with a look of hatred in his eyes.

"That's insane we need to get rid of that bastard", I say with the same look of hatred in my eyes.

"by the way...Who is he? he seems rather protective over you", Dante asks now glaring at Liam.

"Just a friend don't worry about it", I say looking over at Liam who has a weirdly disappointed look on his face.

"ah ok", He says with a skeptical frown.

"How have my brothers been treating you", Dante now says excitedly at his mention of his brothers.

my face turns cold and my mood is ruined.

"I'll tell you all of that later right now we need to escape", I say brushing it off.

"Yeah your right, we don't have much time. Right now as we speak Alvarez is in his office study finalizing plans for the takeover of the Italian mafia aka Flavio's Mafia", he says.

"Finally something we all agree on", Alex says from behind me.

"Do you somehow know where these tunnels lead to?", Liam asks.

"Hell yeah, I'm the one that built them. come on follow me", He says getting in the tunnel.

"Woah,... you both really do look alike", Kiera adds on staring at us both in awe.

I acknowledge her comment that for some reason makes me so happy. My other half is finally with me and I'm not ever gonna lose him so easily.

we head into the tunnel after Dante and follow him up until we see a dim light and an upwards hole.

"No way", Liam says in disbelief.

"WERE OUT", Kiera screams.

"Yeah I wasn't planning on escaping this earlier but here we are", Dante says his voice full of relief.

"So do you have any idea where this tunnel leads out of", I ask.

"Yeah it leads to the yard by the forest luckily there is no fencing but enough with the talk we need to hurry up because by now Alvarez and his men would be aware of our disappearance", Dante says.

We all get out of the tunnel with me being the last one out. I dust myself off getting rid of the dirt from the tunnel completely unaware of my surroundings.

"So where to now-", I say stopping due to the sight in front of me.

Right in front of me in this very yard are all of my brothers and a bunch of men standing with heavy guns.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yeah yall ain't prepared for what's gonna happen next. Ready yourselves.

How yall feel about her seeing Dante and the rest of her brothers?