Chapter 10

"Sup, dudes!" Kirishima hollered to his friends as they entered their favorite hole-in-the-wall bar on a late Saturday night. Sero, Kaminari, and Bakugou each acknowledged him as he held the door open, another tall body passing through behind him. "I hope it's okay I invited Todoroki. He needs somewhere to hide from the missus." Todoroki Shoto gave the boys a weak wave as they approached their table, taking a seat with a grunt.

"Ouch, what in the world did you do to piss Miss Aimee off?" Sero asked as he took a sip of his beer. "It must have been something huge to have her kick you out of bed."

The duel quirked hero had met and married his wife Aimee Todoroki around two years ago. It was common knowledge that he was absolutely devoted to his new bride, so much so that the men of class 1A would often tease him about it.

Todoroki shook his head as the bartender handed him and Kirishima a beer before speaking in his trademark low voice. "It's quite the opposite actually. We're currently trying for a baby."

"Congratulations!" Denki gushed with literal hearts in his eyes. "I love babies!"

"So why are you over here?" Bakugou hummed as he looked up from his phone, a smirk pulling at his lips. "Tired of getting it in?"

"Yes."

Damn. The men all looked at Todoroki questionably, surprised by his blunt response.

"Don't get me wrong, I can never grow tired of my wife, and I thoroughly enjoy our intimate time together," Shoto sighed as he ran a hand through his two-toned hair. "But we've been trying for about 10 months now. Tracking her ovulation cycles, giving her hormone treatments, using different positions to open up our chakras. We're trying it all. Naturally, Aimee is getting more and more frustrated and distraught with each passing month with no results." The boys all watched him carefully as Shoto continued with a sad distant look in his eyes. "I just don't understand why we're not getting pregnant. We're putting in the work. God am I putting in the work."

"Oh, so you just came over here to brag, huh? At least you're getting some on the regular." Kaminari deadpanned before flashing a cocky grin. "Want me to give it a try?"

Todoroki only shook his head, taking another swig of his beer. "No, thank you, Kaminari."

Denki's jaw dropped, shocked by his friend's calm response. "Okay, so everyone heard that. I said what I said and he didn't strike me down where I stood. Homie is going through it for real."

"Shut up, Dunce Face." Bakugou huffed, rolling his eyes.

Kirishima shook his head while giving Todoroki a gentle pat on the back, "I'm sorry you guys are going through that but I'm sure it will happen for you."

"Thank you," Todoroki nodded before changing the subject. "How's the wedding planning going?"

Bakugou sucked his teeth, disapproving of where the conversation was going. "Oh, don't get him fucking started on Fish Sticks!"

"Well..." Kirishima winced, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "Marina is pretty prickly with me too, at the moment."

Sero chuckled taking a sip of his drink, "Yikes. Is she going all bridezilla on you?"

"She's already pretty close to a sea monster at the best of times." Bakugou snickered as he scrolled through his phone until his best friend punched him in the arm with a huff.

"Dude." The redhead shook his head at Bakugou before continuing, "I ordered the wrong color tablecloths for the reception. Apparently, there's a big difference between pearl and porcelain."