Chapter 11

"What the fuck is that?" Bakugou repeated softly, still staring at the tiny human before him.

"That would be a child." Jada deadpanned, closing the apartment door behind them.

"I know it's a fucking child," the blonde continued, clenching his fists. "I mean who is it?"

Gesturing to the small boy as he began to pick up the fallen blocks on the floor, Jada responded calmly, "This is Daichi. My son."

Her son.

"As you can see, there is no man here. He still has 16 years to go." Bakugou continued to stare at the boy, unable to process this new information. "Congratulations. You assumed shit and made an ass out of yourself. Again."

Stuck, the ash-blonde stood silent for several seconds, the quiet almost unnerving as if he were frozen in time. "You have a kid," he finally croaked, turning his head back towards the ravenette. "When were you going to tell me you had a kid?!"

"When I thought you needed to know!" Jada countered, crossing her arms as she stood her ground. "I don't let just anyone know my business and I don't let just anyone around my child."

"YOU DIDN'T THINK I NEEDED TO KNOW?!" the explosion hero yelled, turning on his heels to face the woman as he lifted his hands in frustration, explosions popping from his palms.

Flinching, Jada brought her arms up to her face. She quickly took a few steps back before losing her balance, falling to the ground. Bakugou instantly paused, staring at the woman in shock.

"Mommy!" Daichi cried, running into his mother's arms as Jada instinctively covered his body with her own. "Boom-Boom scary!" She quietly consoled the child, smoothing his wavy hair while she held him close.

Bakugou stood watching, unsure of what to make of what just happened. He slowly reached out a hand to help her but quickly decided against it, reading her body language. At that moment, she was afraid of him. He was well aware that he was rough around the edges, but he took pride in knowing that people felt safe when he was around. Somehow, looking in her guarded green eyes, he knew something was wrong. With a soft sigh, he crouched down onto the floor, sitting across from her and the boy before posing the question, "What was that?"

"Nothing," Jada mumbled, looking at the floor while she rocked her son. "I lost my balance. It happens."

"No. You flinched so hard that you fell. What's going on?" A silence hung in the air for what felt like a lifetime as Bakugou stared her down, waiting for an answer.

No need in getting him mixed up in it if he's just going to leave. "I'm fine."

Bakugou hummed in frustration, knowing that she was lying. There was definitely something else going on. His ruby red eyes watched her carefully, noting that the once confident woman was now avoiding eye contact completely. If there was one thing he learned during his time in therapy as well as working this job, it's the signs of trauma. He also knew that pressing the issue would only cause her to further withdraw, deflecting to the original bombshell. "Fine. I still don't get why you didn't tell me about the kid."

After a moment, Jada sighed before brushing the soft waves of her son's hair before speaking to him sweetly, "Mommy needs to talk to Mr. Boom-Boom man." She paused, pulling out her phone. After pulling up a video app, she handed the device over to Daichi. "Here's Baby Shark, go sit down and watch."

Daichi giggled as he heard the familiar song play from her phone's speakers, happily walking away and over to the small futon that served as his bed. Bakugou's eyes followed the child before flitting back to the ravenette with a raised blonde brow.