Mara's Demise

"Is it that serious to throw me?" Evander grunted against the wooden floor, and coming to his knees. "Ass wipe."
Evander stood to his feet with a grimace. Where was he? The wooden cart held the weight of five other bodies.
"What the hell even is this?"

A man dressed in leather greeted him with a rude stare. His brown eyes beating through his fringe.
"Look around, they threw us into a box cart." The man had his arms crossed as if he wasn't getting his way from a pair of strict parents.

A woman who stood in a green sweater dress spoke up beneath her glasses.
"Don't worry about him, my name is Aria by the way. His name is Boski, and he is just upset that the guards roughhoused him without his permission."

"I'm not upset. I'm livid." Boski's hands turned white under his leather sleeves. "If anyone is upset, it would be Damon." Boski motioned towards a country looking man. "He's been fixing his hair this entire time we've been waiting to departure."

Damon put his hat back onto his head with a shrug, "They messed up the gel that I put in this morning."

Boski rolled his eyes.

"No man wants his hair to look like a birds nest."

Evander's mouth curved upwards but before he could even utter a sound a girl was thrown in behind him.

"'Scuse you!" She shouted.
Evander tilted his head.
"Lani?"
He helped Leilani to her feet.
"They got you too?" He questioned.
"They got me a little too good." Leilani scrunched her rose gold hair. "I don't know who they are but they have some serious anger issues."

A ginger standing beside Aria sighed a breath of smoke out. His shaded glasses reflecting the poor lightbulb above their heads.
"Well look at that Boski, maybe you can persuade the King to let you be apart of their security team." 
Aria stifled a laugh as Boski tightened his arms across his chest.

The doors opened again for another young woman to fall into the wooden cart. Her grey flannel was painted with dirt and grass stains.
The stood up, furious, "I hope you guys don't have children!" She screamed. "They would never know what the word "gentle" means!"

The lot in the cart stood as the doors were shut on them once again.

Evander and Leilani looked to each other before deciding, "Frankie?" The friends questioned simultaneously.

Frankie the short haired brunette turned around, scanning the cart.

"It is you! McQueen!" Leilani embraced her friend dramatically as if she hasn't seen her in years.

Evander sighed a breath of relief. "Atleast we're all together." He put his hands into his jacket pockets.

The cart shook the lot of people and started moving.

Frankie stepped back after reconnecting with her friends. Her eyes fell onto the wooden floor that was scarred and uneven. Scratches embroidered the wood around them.

The ginger spoke up after another breath of smoke left his lungs.
"If you mean we got handpicked by Prince Alaric to go to our Viridian and Gold Kingdom just to train ourselves for war but most probably to end up as their staff workers for the rest of our lives."
He stopped before letting the cigarette drop on the floor and stepping on it. "Then yes it is what you think it is."

Damon nodded, "Xavier's right. I don't know why every ten years a group of young adults get chosen to spend the rest of their life in a Kingdom as servants."
The country man fidgeted with his hat on his head.
"The only thing we're able to do is wait and follow." His face looked defeated before he hid it under hit hat.