16.

❦

Karter breathed in deeply, taking in the scent of the man who held her in his arms. Karter knew the smell, it was familiar—and also her favorite. Her face was snuggled deeply into his chest as she got comfortable in the air.

Rhys held her legs up with his arm tucked underneath supporting all her weight. "Why are you acting like that?" He asked, pulling his face back so he could see her. With hopes of seeing her face he was only met with her hair that was in it's slightly natural form with the defined curls in coils throughout it. Rhys could smell the vanilla scent coming from her hair and sighed. The smell was nostalgic for him; Karter always wore her hair out in high school.

"I missed you," She told him as she lifted her face from the grey Nike tech covering his body.

"I missed you more, Angelica." He told her. Rhys stared at her face taking in every feature he already knew so well. "You' so fucking pretty."

Karter's cheeks heated up as she looked away trying not to blush. Her attempt was thrown away when he kissed her check, subtly. "Thank you, Junior."

Rhys hazel eyes cut to the screenery behind him as he took in what she said. Karter hadn't called him that in a long time, in fact no one had. After his fathers death people stopped using the nickname. Karter never did though, she continued to use it. She always used it; reminding him that he was his fathers son and that no matter what happened, what his father instilled in him would always be there.

She hadn't used it since they broke up—last year.

"Look at me. " she demanded. Karter didn't even wait for him, she grabbed his jaw and turned his face towards her. "What's wrong?"

Rhys just looked in her eyes. "You haven't called me that in a long time.."

"I know..I'm sorry; I didn't mean to stun you." Karter apologized, letting go of his jaw. Her hand went down to his chest where she laid it flat.

"I know." Before she could think, Rhys plump lips were on hers. The two kissed without any thoughts in their head. Karter bit down lightly on his lip and sucked it making his dick pulse in his sweats. "Chill," he told her, pulling away. He pecked her lips a couple times before stopping completely.

Karter smiled while turning her head to check out her surroundings. The two decided to meet up quickly before heading out to another city. It was Friday meaning Rhys was going to get his sister from her mothers house.

Karter watched as people walking by took glances at them and she didn't care. At least not at the moment. Plus there weren't too many people behind a building in the parking lot where they were.

"Is Reign spending the night over your house?"

Rhys nodded. "Yea but she's going to her friend's birthday party at like ten so she'll be back later—I'd assume. "