Chapter Eleven

Wattpad Estimated Reading Time: 5 Minutes

----------------------

Ash shifted back and forward, her nerves finally catching up to her. She was going to be spending the night at Clay's house. It's not like she hadn't done it before, this sleepover just felt different. She hesitantly brought her hand up to the door, knocking before she could second guess herself and let her nerves fully take over.

At the moment she only had a backpack with her laptop, chargers, toothbrush, and a change of clothes on her back, Eve's diaper bag swung over her shoulder, and Evelyn, who was securely buckled in her seat, in her hand. She had the portable crib in the back of her car that she was going to ask Clay to grab for her. 

She couldn't help the feeling of dread when Clay answered the door with a huge grin, she immediately felt bad for being nervous as he seemed so excited for the sleepover.

"Hello," Clay says, pulling the door open wider, making room for Ash to step inside with all her stuff.

"Hey, bub," she smiles, she steps inside dropping the diaper bag off her shoulder. Clay couldn't help the breathy chuckle at the nickname as a smirk spreads across his face.

"Is there anything you want me to grab?"

"Eve's portable crib is in the car, would you please grab that?"

"Of course," Clay says, throwing on the slides that were left by his door just as they always were.

 She takes a deep breath, hoping to collect herself. She heads into the kitchen, placing Eve's baby carrier on the island before unbuckling the little girl.

Clay appears in the kitchen holding the portable crib. "Where do you want this?" Clay asks, placing the kit on the ground.

"Wherever I'll be sleeping."

"So you can either sleep in my room with me, or you can sleep in the guest room, whatever you're comfortable with," Clay assures.

"Ummm..." Ash pauses, looking between her sister, calmy sleeping in her arms, and Clay who stood close by with a warm smile.

"We can set it up in the guest room," Ash asserts.

"Of course, are the instructions in the kit?" She nods before following Clay to his guest room.

 They talk about their plans for their date as Clay figures out how to put the portable crib together. There's a couple of times where Ash couldn't help but snicker at his struggle before clarifying the instructions as she had to set it up a lot during her trip home.

When the crib is built Eve is passed off to Clay so she can check the stability of the crib. She's happy to say that Clay built it correctly and it was safe for Eve to sleep in. 

Clay places her on the ground in a blanket and Ash walks through how to swaddle her. After Eve was swaddled, Clay gently kisses her head before placing her to sleep. Ash sets up the baby monitor that alerts her phone before they leave the guest room.

They reenter the kitchen and decide that they'll make homemade pizza for dinner. So as Clay starts grabbing the dough's ingredients, Ash pulls up a chill playlist she made for hanging out with him. 

After struggling to make the dough and spilling flour all over the kitchen, they decide to sit outside and enjoy Florida's spring air as they waited for the dough to set.

Twenty minutes of talking later, Clay's alarm, letting them know their dough was ready, went off. So they head inside before washing their hands and getting ready to make custom pizzas together. 

That was until Ash's phone beeped letting them know that Evelyn was awake and crying.

"I'll go feed her and I'll make my pizza after she's fed," Ash sighs, heading over to the diaper bag. She starts to prepare the bottle when Clay grabs her hands.

"I'll feed Eve and you can make the pizzas. Remember? We're in this together," Clay says, finishing up the bottle before disappearing down the hall.

Ash felt like she could melt. He was so incredibly sweet and the way he cared for her made her smile and make her feel butterflies.

By the time Clay re-entered the kitchen the pizzas wherein the oven and baking.

"You're going to love your pizza, you wanna know why?" Ash asks, smiling as she places a hand on his chest.

"Why is that?" Clay asks, smirking down at her.

"Because, your pizza is made with love," Ash giggles, standing on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek.

"That was really cheesy," Clay groans, taking the burp rag off his shoulder before lightly smacking her side with it.

"Hey! I didn't have to make it with love, I could have made it with blood, sweat, and tears," Ash says, feigning hurt as she playfully smacks his chest.

"And I'm sure it would be just as tasty, Darling," Clay says, kissing her forehead before she's able to hide her face in his chest in embarrassment.

"That's a new one," Ashmutters from where her face was hidden.

"What, darling?"

"Yeah," Ash says, taking a deep breath.

"Do you not like it?" Clay asks, playing with a strand of her hair with one hand while the other hand holds her waist.

"No, I... you're just too, god I'm just flustered," Ash admits.

He leans down, brushing hair to behind her ear before whispering lowly, "simp."

Ash gasps, breaking out of Clay's embrace before turning her back to him. "If I'm a simp, then you're a piss baby."

Clay wraps his arms around her before leaning in close once again except he whispered into her neck instead of her ear saying, "I guess I'm a piss baby then, my simp." Ash huffs out in playful annoyance before the bit falls and a smile slips across her face. "There's the smile that I love so much," Clay says, kissing her temple. They stood there, swaying, just enjoying each other's presence, and at that moment that was enough for them.

Soon enough the pizza is down and Ash takes it out and places it out on the island for them to cool down. She looks over at Clay, waiting for his reaction. He looks over and lets a chuckle slip past his smirk.

"You weren't lying when you said it was made with love," Clay chuckles, wrapping his arms around Ash.

"I'm glad you like it cuz it was a bitch to shape the dough into a heart."

"I love it, darling," Clay says, kissing her cheek from behind. 

They clean up the kitchen as the pizza cools before heading to Clay's room to watch a movie in the comfort of his bed. As the movie started and they ate their little pizzas before she knew it she was cuddled up with Clay, laying comfortable under his blankets with a stomach full of pizza.

So who could blame her if she fell asleep against Clay in his room? 

And who was she to question if sleeping next to Clay was some of the best sleep ever she's gotten?

----------------

[1,180 words]

so like I love this chapter sm... also thanks so much for 2k reads on this and 101k reads on Tubbo's Cousin.

Thank you all for the votes and comments as well, they're greatly appreciated! 

what will happen when twitter finds out bout this situation? how will the rest of their sleepover go?

not me forgetting to post this before posting the chapter after this smh