4 - ah, bitch

[stefaniya's pov]

Just as I was packing my bag, I see familar faces outside my window. The Black Widows that Yelena and I had run away from days ago. They were coming for us.

I run out to Yelena and Natasha, interrupting their conversation in the kitchen.
"Guys? We gotta go. Now!"

The ceiling exploded, caving in. A cloud of smoke covers the area between Yelena and I, so I run to take cover behind a wall, hoping that Yelena figures out that the Widows were here.

The door is kicked in and muffled footsteps fall on the floor as I load up a gun. Natasha is standing just a few feet away from me with no gun, so I hand it her and loaded up another one for myself. She nods in thanks and begins to sweep the west side of the apartment.

From where I was crouched behind a television set, I was out of sight of the Widows that lowered in from the ceiling. They had their backs turned to me, so I shot them both in their hand. Not to kill them or anything, but just to incapacitate them so we could run away.

Natasha grunts as she kicks down two more Widows, pushing me and Yelena out the door. We run up the stairs to the upper floor, barely dodging bullets.

"Where are we trying to get?"
Natasha asks.

"Motorbike! East side of the building!"
Yelena yells back. She opens a window, gesturing for me to go out. She follows, Natasha coming up behind. We all slid down the metal roof panel, running to a large metal pole. I glance back to see Ingrid catching up to us.

"Come on, hurry."

Yelena unlatches the metal pole and climbs it, wrapping her arms and legs around the structure. I climb on next to her and lock in my arms with all my might. Natasha runs and jumps onto the pole last, her momentum pushing the pole down. At the very last second, Ingrid takes a leap and tries to grab the pole, but fails. Natasha and I held out one hand to grab Ingrid's.

"We got you!"
Natasha grunted. Ingrid, however, wriggles herself free from our grasp and falls to the ground below.

"Ingrid, no!"
I yelled. I don't see her make impact with the ground as I'm flung through the window of the building, into a stairway. The pole crashes above me, sending Natasha and Yelena off. Yelena lands on top of me, glass pieces showering us like rain. Slipping a few steps down the stairs is bad enough as it is-- trust me, I've done it enough times-- but being flung down one? The pain is unimagineable.

"Are you okay?"
I asked Yelena.

"I should be asking you that."
Yelena lifted herself off of me.
"Sorry."

I laugh weakly.
"Don't worry about me, дорогая."
[darling.]

Yelena helps me up. We hear Natasha's grunts as she falls down to the lower level where Ingrid now lays still.

"Natasha?"
I call out. She doesn't look up or respond, only kneels down next to Ingrid.

Yelena trips as she tries to walk down the stairs, but I'm able to wrap my arms around her body. She inhales sharply and I immediately let go once I knew she was steadied.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry."

Yelena holds my hand and wipes off a streak of blood from my forehead.
"Hey, I'm okay."