3 - blow it to hell

[stefaniya's pov]

T'Challa's sister, Shuri, was scanning Vision's body to find a way to take out the stone when an alarm blared across the kingdom. Okoye's bracelet projects a three-dimensional globe made from small beams of light.

"Something's entered the atmosphere,"
she informs.

A large meteoroid-- I think-- crashed on top of the dome over Wakanda, smashing into fiery debris that reminded me too much of the Red Room exploding. My breath catches in my chest and I slightly choke.

"Hey, it's okay,"
Natasha grabs my hand with a concerned expression.
"Look."

I look back out the window to see dome still holding up, blocking the meteor. However, it doesn't calm me as I see more incoming, crashing into the ground outside of the dome.

"It's too late,"
Vision says behind me.
"We need to get the stone out now."

Natasha lets go of my hand and walks over to Vision.
"Get your ass back on the table."

"We will hold them off,"
T'Challa assures.

"Wanda,"
Steve says.
"As soon as that stone's out of his head... You blow it to hell."

Wanda nods next to me.
"I will."

"Evacuate the city. Engage all defenses. And get this man a shield,"
T'Challa points to Steve before walking out.

"You okay to fight?"
Natasha asks me. I nod gingerly.
"Come on, let's go."

We all-- minus Wanda, Vision, and Shuri-- went outside and got on a small levitating aircraft to get to the border faster. Bruce is in a suit similar to Iron Man's, except it was about the size of the Hulk.

"How're we looking, Bruce?"
Natasha speaks into her comms.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it."

Seconds later, Bruce's suit's accelerators turn off, dropping him to the ground and he starts running on foot.

"Wow! This is amazing, man. It's like being the Hulk without actually--"
He grunts, tripping over a rock in the ground.
"I'm okay. I'm okay."

"I've got two heat signatures breaking through the treeline,"
Rhodey says as his War Machine suit flies past us.

God, I wish I had a suit that flies.

The aircraft slows to a stop and disperses us near the border of the dome. Steve, Natasha, T'Challa, and I walk up to the very large, very scary-looking aliens. With my years of training in Red Room, I put on a mask, not giving them the satisfaction of seeing how truly terrifed I was. I've never gone against aliens before, and something tells me that this would be my first and last time.

"Where's your other friend?"
Natasha asks them.

"You will pay for his life with yours,"
the lady alien-- Proxima, as Natasha had told me earlier-- says.
"Thanos will have that stone."

"That's not gonna happen,"
I say.

"You are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood,"
T'Challa taunts.