Safe Haven.

"You've heard of the name Rodrigo before, yes?"

Nodding his head, Leo casually leaned back against the counter with his arms folded. "Yes,"

"Then I imagine you know how dangerous he is,"

"Depends on who you ask," Leo replies. Even before he stepped foot into Seattle, he has heard Rodrigo's name a few times through word of mouth. He was a known figure because of his ties with the Mexican Cartel.

Before Leo had decided to part ways with the life he once lived, Rodrigo along with his poor excuse of a son was amongst the list of names his counterparts wanted to be eliminated. In a way, Leo felt like all of this was an interesting play of events.

The one woman who managed to pique his interest happened to be engaged to the very son of someone he was ordered to kill.

Sitting on one of the bar stools, Imani found herself eyeing Leo's muscled back and the large colorful designed tattoo that graced the entirety of it, including parts of his arms. Its Asian themed influence sparked curiosity inside of her as her fingers itched to touch it but she was quick to remind herself that wouldn't be wise to act upon her urges.

"My father used to work for him back in the day as a dealer in the streets and he made a lot of money from it which is how he met my mother. His illegal activities provided them with a lavish lifestyle and it became addicting to the point that they went into debt with Rodrigo..." Imani explains, turning her glass filled with water in her hands.

"And when people are in debt with someone like him, it usually means death because he knew no matter how much people pleaded, they'd never be able to repay him what is owed...and that's where I come into all of this."

Licking her lips, Imani let out a deep breath as she shook her head. "Rodrigo told them that he'd let them live under one condition...that they would promise me to be his son's future wife. I was only three when they agreed to it. I've never had a say so in anything I've done Leo. I was raised to be the perfect spouse because of my parent's foolish ways and now I'm stuck,"

"So you've tried to run before?" He guessed out loud, glancing at Imani over his shoulder.

"Of course. I did when I was twenty-one when I had found out the truth about what they had done. I was so close but Jayden had found me hiding out at my aunts and Rodrigo decided to use them as an example...I still remember the look on my mothers face when she saw her sisters limbs hung throughout the tree in our front yard along with her husband and their children,"

Squeezing her eyes shut, Imai tried to push the unwanted memory away but no matter how much she tried, the image would always be at the back of her mind. "Rodrigo had promised if I ran again, he'd do worse to not only my parents but my siblings and their families too - but I shouldn't care. My own flesh and blood gave me up as a pawn and my brother and sister left me out to dry...and I'm the one who has to suffer just so they'll be safe..."

Just thinking about it made her angry. "It's the guilt that's making you stay isn't it?" It was easy for Leo to see what was holding her back because he understood. "They don't deserve your compassion Imani...no matter which way you look at it,"

"Maybe they don't but I have a three old niece now and knowing what Rodrigo is capable of scares me," Plus running would also have her life on the line. Seattle wasn't the only city the Torres controlled.

Turning around to face her, Leo looked her over, taking in her stressed state. The slight bags under her eyes, her bruised cheek, her damp hair hanging over her shoulders, and mix-matched attire showed him just how tired she must feel. It was a problem he wanted to fix.