chapter four

A/N
my deepest apologies on taking forever to continue this little book. i didn't realize people enjoyed it so much. thank you all for your patience, and i hope i don't disappoint...

I woke up to my phone buzzing.
Chris.
I was late.
Shit.

I picked up the phone, "hello?" I cleared my throat as I stood, "Just waking up, huh?"  his bubbly voice echoed in my ear. "Yeah actually, how long have you been sitting outside..?" I could already hear the excitement in his voice, "about thirty minutes or so, I kept the car nice and warm and figure you needed the sleep..."

Throwing on some warm clothes, I dashed to the bathroom; brushing my hair, my teeth, and putting on a bit of makeup. I fixed my hair, leaving it in a half up-half down ponytail. Once I was ready for my, not-as-early-as-planned coffee date, I hurried outside and to his car.

"I'm sorry..." I sighed, buckling up quickly. I looked ahead for a moment before looking at the hunk next to me. "What??" I giggled quietly, blushing. "Nothing, Jade.." he shakes his head. He stared at me, a soft smile on his lips, "I just forgot how beautiful you were.." he whispered.

I felt my heart literally drop. Like, butterflies escaping my body at the speed of light.

"O-Oh, yeah right..." I muttered, blushing a DEEP shade of red, "well, you're very beautiful too.." I smiled slightly, looking up at him again. "Aw, how flattering.." he cocked an eyebrow up as he began to drive. I looked around outside. Shitty snow, per usual.

"You like this weather?" I asked, glancing over at him. "Well... like is one way to say it, I guess.." he chuckled, his laugh made me swoon. "It's more of a, I like it because it's pretty, but I don't like it because it turns already shitty drivers into even worse shitty drivers.." he spoke quickly with a smirk. "I just hate how cold it gets.." i hummed, pushing my hair behind my ears.

We pulled up to a small cafe, we both, of course unbuckled before he grabbed my arm. Furrowing my brows, I looked up in his ocean eyes, "wait wait, don't get out yet.." he smiled, getting out quickly, almost slipping on the slick ice before he came to my door and opened it for me. "Oh, such a gentleman.." I smirked and pulled myself out, "thank you!" He smiled big and wide, grabbing my hand quickly.

I held onto his hand tightly, glancing up at him every so often as we walked through the spitting snow. "Your hands are warm." I blurted, smiling slightly as I squeezed his hand gently. He smiles slightly, squeezing my hand back.

We sat in a small, well worn, but cozy booth. We got an amazing view of the calm sea. My slight tiredness took pleasure in watching the groups of little, harsh snowflakes getting lost in the water. I could feel his eyes on me now, and I just let him look for once. His hand stayed over mine, his thumb rubbing over my knuckles gently.

After a moment, I looked up to our older waitress who stood next to the table. We all exchanged good mornings before ordering some sustenance.

"I'll just take a regular coffee, with cream and sugar.." i smiled, nodding slightly.

He hummed to himself before leaning back against the worn leather seat, "Y'know, I'll just take a black coffee please. Anything to keep me warm!"

I couldn't help but smile wider, his personality is just so... cute.

"You know, I got to listen to my playlist three times while waiting on you this morning? I think I could recite every song, and air guitar each one perfectly." He teased, smirking as he watched over me.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't know what you expect from a teenager, Chris." I turned my hand over, rubbing my fingers over his palm, "I need my well deserved sleep..." I grumbled.

His smile grew as he watched me again, "Well, at least school won't be a stressor soon? Don't you get out after christmas?" I nodded quickly, I couldn't wait for Christmas to come.

"I just finish up my exams then. They give us an option to attend for the rest of the year, but I just want to get my diploma and get out.." I smiled slightly, shrugging. "I enjoy school.. but I'm so burnt out on trying to keep up in my advanced studies.." I sighed.

"Ooo, so I'm on a coffee date with a modern day Einstein?" He smirked more, eventually it turning into a smile. "Oh hardly.." I shook my head, tracing circles on his palm now, "mostly advanced humanity classes, you know... english, arts, history. Things like that..." I smiled again, finding it hard to believe someone was interested in my life.

"Well, that sounds fun..." he trailed off, "but, after doing that for years, it sounds like, I could understand how it would feel more demanding." He nodded, opening his hand more, before closing it slightly, trapping one of my fingers in the process.

I wiggled my finger out of his grip before playing with his palm once again. "It just got exhausting, you know? You never realize how much there is to learn about something until you continue to learn it.." I scrunched my nose, earning a giggle from him.

"I hope you don't feel that way about acting." He winked, smiling wider.

Once we got our warm drinks, we enjoyed the peace and quiet. Both of us looking out over the water for a little while.

"What's the rest of the plans for your day?" He hummed, taking a sip of his coffee.

"I dunno really.." I shrugged, smiling slightly.

"If you're free, I'm free too." He raised his brows, "and frankly, I enjoy spending time with you, as crazy as it may sound." He rolled his eyes, another small smirk dancing on his lips.

"Then what exactly do you want to do?" I giggled. And as soon as I said it, Chris was pulling me up and out of the booth, throwing money on the table as he practically dragged me to the door.

"I thought you'd never ask.." he chuckled, the excitement in his voice heightened. "Let's get into the holiday spirit, hm?" He smirked as he opened the passenger door for me, leaning against it.

He had something up his sleeve...

A/N: I know this is a small chapter, but I didn't want to try and fit everything into it all at once :) I thank ALL of you for your patience!!