chapter one

The final bell rang, ending class. I stood quickly, shoving my papers and books into my book bag before walking into the hall and towards the back exit. I stopped by one of the windows and noticed that it's raining, fairly hard outside. "Fuck.." I muttered to myself, pulling the hood on my large sweatshirt over my head.

          "This is shit.." I whispered to myself, looking at the time, not wanting to be late for the surprise workshop my acting teacher set up for me and the few students at her studio.

            I rushed down the street, trying to get to the studio as quickly as possible before running into another girl, Natalie, who attends the studio with me, "Hey.." I half smiled, walking under the awning with the her, she was two years younger than me, "Hey, Jade. Do you know what this surprise is??" She asked rather impatiently, "I'm not really sure...she put in the message that she had a surprise.." I shrugged.

            "Maybe we'll go see a play.." Natalie playfully rolled her eyes, "I'm thinking about skipping it... what about you?" She looked at me and rose her brows. I would never skip one of these meetings, it's not like I have homework or anyone to see at home...

             "I'll probably end up going.." I acted as if I was being forced to, even though I was excited to attend this surprise workshop. Natalie pouted before giving me a quick side hug, "Well, have fun for me.." she giggled, turning to walk down another small street. I merely nodded with a faint smile. She never took the studio seriously, matter of fact, no one else did besides me.

               I entered the dark studio, walking to the second row where I usually sat and threw my shit down before looking around for Miss Edward, who is obviously our theater teacher, she lets me call her by her first name though, Jenny. I walked down the small hall towards her office before peeking in since the door was cracked, she didn't mind us coming in to talk to her, or rather, me coming to talk to her. I saw her first before looking towards the other figure, and seeing a tall man, i furrowed my brows before looking back to my teacher.

                She smiled and stood, the man turned, I quickly looked back to him and my eyes grew wide when I saw who it was, "O-Oh, wow..uhm.." I breathed in quickly before stepping back, "Excuse me.. I-I'm sorry.." I whispered.

                What the fuck? How is THE Chris Evans here right now? There's no way.

                Miss Edward began laughing, "This was who I was talking about, Mr. Evans.." she smiled at me as if she was proud, "Please, call me Chris.." he chuckled softly before turning towards me. "M-me..?" I whispered barely, "talking about me with..with Chris Evans.." I stood up straighter, blinking a few times as I stared at him.

                "Well, I'm Chris. But I can tell you already know me..." I slowly walked in to his hand that he held out. I took it hesitantly and shook it for a second, "I-I'm Jade.." I sighed quietly to myself.

                God, I'm making a fucking fool of myself in front of one of my most favorite actors, I need to get it together.

               "It's nice to meet you, Jade. Your teachers been telling me a bit about you.." I looked to my teacher with a 'what the fuck' face, "Why were you guys, uhm, talking about me?" I managed to find the words that time before sounding like a complete idiot. She just gave me a smile, "Because you're the only kid in this studio that really gives a damn."

               I looked between both of them before she spoke again, "Chris is excited to work with you..." I furrowed my brows slightly, "Work with me?" I asked timidly, glancing up to Chris who still stood next to me. He gave me another smile as he looked over me, probably taking note at how awkward and shy I was.