Planting a new seed (Just like growing a new skill)

"Andy?" Andy snaps back into reality, it was almost like she blacked out but, she didn't, her eyes were open the entire time, just not aware of her surroundings, "Andy are you alright?" Tears fell down her cheeks. This was the first time in a while that Argus stepped foot in her room. "Andy...Those people down there..."

"Yeah, but I saw those papers! You tried to cover that last word! I saw it!" The silence grew even louder, "Whatever the word 'Declaration means, I know it's something bad, cause you looked stressed!" Argus had run out of words to say, he showed no emotion to whatever she was saying, "Andy, I am sorry...I mean it. I'm sorry for not being there for you when you were younger, I am sorry for not paying attention, I am sorry that I yelled at you back there."

That's all she wanted to hear, she wanted to hear meaning in his voice. Argus pulls Andy into his arms for a hug, but Andy doesn't hug back. Andy wasn't fully convinced, she didn't just want to hear his emotion, but she wanted him to be happy again, and just talk to her, and not about something bad like he always does. Andy could feel the glass cup in her chest, ready to explode with water, it was so painful, "I promise to be nothing like father..." 

Andy's breath was caught in her chest, she could feel the weight of these words, and she could feel the glass ready to shatter. "I promise...I won't abandon you just like he did...so that you won't have the feeling to leave so that you won't have the feeling to be worried for me..." 

Tears kept pouring down her face, she couldn't bear to keep her eyes open, "I heard it." Andy croaked, "Heard what?"

"You and Kriegs talking...You shouldn't worry about me,"

"Andy, it's my job to worry-"

"You should worry about yourself." It's true, Argus should be caring more about himself. How is he supposed to care for his sister if he can't even care about himself? 

"Hey Andy...No more secrets, okay?"

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Argus told Andy everything she was missing while he was in his office. It's not just about the crime rate, but wars. Cities are being wiped out, villages burned to ash, by a foreign army from the north, and not just that, near kingdoms that are allied with Harelon have broken the alliance.

"I doubt the army will stop whatever it's doing." Argus finishes, "So what are we going to do when they come here?" Andy asks.

"I don't know...I have been trying to deal with it within the last month. I have decided that..."

Argus pauses, not wanting to continue his sentence in fear.

"I have decided to declare war on this foreign army." Andy is shell shocked, those papers, from earlier she realizes, are papers used to declare war, and Kriegs knew about them too. "I regret it, Andy, now that I see what I have to lose...not just a kingdom, but my family too." Andy still doesn't know what to say. No words were left in her mouth. "Now you know what declaration means."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Argus sat on a chair outside Andy's balcony, while Andy, being the persistent six years old she was, tried to stand up on her toes to see just beyond the balcony railings. When Andy was able to see a glimpse of what it was like outside, she saw four boys, in dirty, torn up clothes, playing with a ball of hay beyond the castle walls.

"Argus?"

"Hm? What is it, Andy?" Andy stares out beyond the castle walls, staring at the boys playing. "What are they doing?" Andy asks, "Who?"