Dead leaf

"Wait!" She yelled, but it was already too late, he left, without a goodbye. That was the last time he heard her voice, but he was determined to find him, after leaving them, he needed to know why.

How old was she now? How are they now? Are Argus and Kriegs still fighting in dad's office? These questions won't leave Ace's mind, but he didn't stop, he would keep walking until he found his father. 

"If this is how Kriegs lived his life before he met us, no wonder he wanted to die..." Ace thought to himself. He was walking aimlessly, all around the world it felt like. Ace stopped at many small villages along his journey, always buying supplies and souvenirs to give to his siblings once he came home if they were still alive when he came home. 

"I wish I could just find you already..."

________________________________________________________________________________

Ace's supplies were running low, and he hadn't come by a village for months at this point. But he didn't stop walking, to the point where he passed out, in the middle of nowhere, all on his own. 

Ace woke up to a man sitting beside him, cooking some fish by a river. Ace wasn't concerned about the man, not one bit, instead, he was more worried about how he got there and paid no attention to this stranger. He looked around for his stuff, but it was nowhere in sight. 

"Are you looking for your stuff?" The stranger asked. Ace turned his head to see a familiar person cooking by the campfire. "Don't worry," he continued, "it's all here." He picked up Ace's bag and threw it over to him, "Thank you." Ace responded. 

"I see that you still care for your siblings." The stranger blurted. 

"What?..." Ace responded.

"Those souvenirs that are in your bag. They match your brother and your sister's interests."

The stranger turned his head to Ace, "Well it looks like I was gone for so long, you don't even remember my voice." His hair was as dark as night, and the same length as the last time they saw him. "Do I not even get a 'hello dad'?" Father asks.

"You expect me to say 'Hello'? I've been looking for you for 7 whole years! You know how long that is!?" Ace yelled in anger, he was relieved to see his father, but at the same time, he hated everything about him. "I could've watched my sister grow up! I could've helped my brother run a Kingdom, I could've learnt more from Kriegs!"

"Then why didn't you?" Good question. Ace considered going back home, 3 years into his journey, and he believed that he was too far in, to back down from looking for his father. 

"Because I wanted answers...Why did you leave us? At the time we needed you most?"

There was a hesitation before his answer. 

"I left because...I knew there was no way I could handle seeing you all, looking at your mother's body. I realised that because you boys are both demi-gods...you're going to experience it again and again, and it will continue repeating."

"So? What does that have to do with you leaving?" Tears formed in Ace's eyes. 

"I don't want you to go through the pain Kriegs and I have gone through...we've experienced hundreds of your lifetimes, we've seen people we've cared about die, especially Kriegs. I don't want that to happen to you."

For some reason....Ace couldn't contain his emotions, and just cried, nothing more, nothing less. 

"There are these Gods, called The Gods of creation, both brothers. Much older than me, who created time, space and this world." Father continues.