A grey sky

The field was empty. There were no sounds, no movements. Only corpses and blood filled the flower field.

The surviving soldiers ran to base camp or were picking up remaining corpses on the ground, while the army of Vlelior retreated from where they came from.

The soldiers made sure to keep their distance from Argus. They could see the pain and the suffering just by looking at him, holding the dead body of a girl.

The sky began to turn a dark grey colour. Light drops of water began to fall from the sky. The water ran down Andy's cold, pale cheek. Her eyes were wide open. There was no shine or lust when Argus stared into those eyes.

Kriegs had already seen most of his friends die in war. But it was never like this. To Kriegs, they were all like family, Argus, Andy, Ace...They were Kriegs' family. Kriegs could feel the pain. The pain was immense, but he couldn't figure out where the pain was.

To Argus and Ace, it was the same as that day. Ace was still and silent. He wasn't saying a word. His hand was on Andy's forehead. It felt like ice and the rain only made everything colder.

Argus was ready to burst into tears once more. He couldn't help it. The tears continued running down his face. The rain was loud, but the noise was drowning in Argus' sobbing and yelling. He kept screaming as if he was the one who got stabbed in the chest. Argus rested his forehead near Andy's wound, to which he saw that the spear was still impaled in her body.

The sharp tip of the spear facing towards the sky, covered in blood.

Argus glanced back up and saw Ace staring at the body. He didn't realise Ace was there, he was too focused on what had just happened, that he had completely forgotten Ace was there.

"...Stop..." Argus mumbled. No one heard him speak.

"Don't touch her..." Argus repeated to mumble. He spoke so softly that no one could hear him.

"LET GO OF HER!" Argus yelled at the top of his lungs, pulling Andy closer to his embrace. Ace was startled and took his hand off of Andy's forehead.

Their eyes locked on each other.

Argus was upset. No. That was an understatement. Argus was filled with rage and hatred. Andy's death only added to the reasons why he hated Ace. If Ace wasn't there, Kriegs wouldn't have lowered his guard. Andy wouldn't have tried running to him. She would still be here.

An unexpected whisper could be heard in the background. The whisper was soft. Only Kriegs could hear it amongst all the rain. The whisper was invading Kriegs' mind, it made him go crazy.

"The only thing I want...

...is to destroy."

Bryra was still alive?

Kriegs turned to where he remembered Bryra's body to be. But she wasn't there. There were no traces left of her. Like she completely vanished as soon as she left Kriegs' gaze.

Kriegs stood up and signalled Ace to follow him. "Leave him be...let us talk alone."

_____________________________________________________________________________

Masaru was one of the many people instructed to carry bodies back to the camp. It was hard to see, but while Masaru stared at the ground, the blood-red ground. He saw something shining in the middle of the grass. A piece of jewellery?