{011} - Garbage Trash Man Appears.

Warnings: cursing, blood, character death, Mahito, basically the whole chapter is a warning...

Word Count: 2,300+ (short chapter, this one was hard to write...)

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

You were standing next to Itadori, leaning against the wall. After getting back you couldn't sleep, your mind was too preoccupied with the memories of yesterday and the past. After you and Itadori left, a curse attacked and killed Junpei's mom...all because someone planted one of Sukuna's cursed fingers near her. 

He lost his mother...and right after we left. Who would do such a thing? 

You felt guilty, maybe someone was using him? Maybe if you just stayed and tried to explain stuff to him, the outcome would be different. All you wanted to do was talk to him and yet you didn't even hear him out and you'd feel even worse if you tried to comfort him. You knew the struggles of losing a parent and witnessing it, the pain he must be going through...you knew all too well. 

You mindlessly listen to Itadori rant at Nanami, he made some good points and you were upset Nanami got hurt but it seemed this was a far bigger problem than all of you anticipated. Curses were somehow evolving and becoming sentient. First, it was Mount. Fuji and his flower friend and now Nanami meet one? It couldn't be a counisdence and somehow Junpei was involved. 

"So for now, I'd like you two to continue to monitor Junpei Yoshino," Nanami says as he walks off, leaving the two of you behind.

You and Itadori stand in the deafening silence for what felt like hours. What could you say anyway in this kind of situation? Did you even want to talk? Itadori was stubborn and if he wanted to do something, he would do it.

Kiyotaka stands behind you two, while Itadori's phone rings; it was Nanami. You lean closer to him to listen in on the call. Your stomach twisted into knots at the news. A veil had been created at Junpei's school.

This is bad...very very bad.

Itadori listens to the call while glancing at you. He was planning on going there whether Nanami approved or not...

And so were you.

Itadori ends the call before stepping in front of you. Kiyotaka was still standing in the way.

"Please step aside, Kiyotaka," Itadori says a little too calmly...he was mad that's for sure.

"Don't forget that our job is to help others and though you two are students that include both of you. I'm not about to make any more1 mistakes, you mustn't go there...Itadori...Y/n."

And without thinking Itadori runs past Kiyotaka with you close behind. You stop for a moment, turning back to him.

"Sorry...Kiyotaka.." you say before sprinting after Itadori.

You didn't know what to expect at the school but you felt like it was your fault this happened. Granted Junpei asked some weird questions and he knew things he shouldn't have known...you left without a word...letting your emotions get the better of you and look what happened. Sure, this outcome could have happened regardless but you still could have tried to connect better with him.  Maybe if you just talked to him and found out how he knew those things or maybe if you just stayed to patrol the area....then none of this....his mom would still be...no you were going to save Junpei and everyone else in that school.

Your anxiety was through the roof but you try and ignore it. It wasn't important right now and you needed to calm down and keep a level head. Something was happening at that school and you needed to stop in. Reaching the veil you run right through it towards the school before sensing something in the gym.