Gojo Subaru wants to live an ordinary life (Rewritten)

Chapter 2

Arc 1 Part 1

"Have I been summoned… to another world?" Subaru said softly, his voice barely a whisper.

He looked around and reached out with his senses. But yet, he could find no trace of cursed energy. Instead, it was replaced by some sort of weird energy. It took the form of particles that lazily floated around the atmosphere.

Using his knowledge of anime and manga, he guessed that this was perhaps Mana.

'Wouldn't that mean that magic exists here?' Subaru thought with a little excitement.

Of course, it wasn't as if he was unused to the supernatural. Hell, his entire life revolved around it. But actual magic? He grinned like a kid in a toy store.

He looked at the people around him. It seems that they were full of this 'mana' too. Their bodies seem to be holding varying amounts of these 'mana' particles. But one thing that stood out to him was this 'opening' everyone had in the very center of their bodies. No, it could be more accurately described as a swirling vortex filled with mana with each person having a different size and even colour to this 'vortex'.

Each person had a different colour but it always was limited to only six.

Red, blue, green, yellow, white and very rarely, black.

Subaru guessed that this has something to do with the elements and how each person could use only one element.

Subsru looked down on himself and his senses retreated inwards. He tried sensing that 'mana' within himself but found none. Well, that makes sense.

'Guess I can't use magic.' Subaru pouted a little.

"Well, I should probably go somewhere else, if I stay here too long, people are gonna get weirded out." Subaru said to himself as he walked in a random direction, excited to see more of this world.

'Judging from the architecture and the fashion of this world, I'd say this world is still in medieval times.' Subaru thought, looking around. 'Still, with the use of magic, there's bound to be some interesting stuff here. Perhaps they have found a way to mix magic and technology?'

Afterwards, Subaru went on a sightseeing trip around the city.

He went into a pub, only to be chased out. (Only Demi-humans are allowed!)

He went into a public restroom but was chased out. (How would he know it was the girl's restroom!)

He even went to some food stalls, only to be chased away yet again for having no money.

Subaru sighed, "So, judging from that apple- appa stall I just visited, apparently I can't read this world's language but I still speak it. That's something, I guess. Still, is it too much to ask for someone to at least be nicer to me?"

Man, as if getting kicked out of every establishment around wasn't enough, that appa stall guy shouted at him for not having any money! What a dick.

Subaru sighs (he's been doing it a lot) and enters a nearby alleyway, hoping to find something interesting but he is only met with-

"Give us your valuables and no one's gonna get hurt."

"Huh?" The jujutsu sorcerer turned to see three people blocking the entrance to the alley.

The three people, who will now be named Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest grinned maliciously at Subaru, seeing him as easy prey.

"Hey look at 'em, he's got some nice clothes on. Looks like we got ourselves a noble, boys!" Dumber said, with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. Gross.