19

People gathered at the Molina home for the EJ and the Phantoms performance.

Carrie walked through the crowd and up to Nick and Noah before saying, "Hey."

Nick and Noah turned to see Carrie and let out a light sigh before asking, "What are you doing here?"

"Julie and Emily are two of my oldest friends." She crossed her arms and stared, facing the garage. "I'm sure they just forgot to invite me."

"Look, we're not getting back together, Carrie," Nick told her.

Carrie let out a wry laugh and met Nick's eye. "I've heard that before. Something doesn't add up about those holograms." She placed a hand on Nick and Noah's shoulders. "I wouldn't trust them," she removed her hands, "if I were you two." She placed a hand to her chest.

Noah narrowed his eyes. "Can't you just be nice, Carrie? Emily and Julie are great people and you're being mean to them for no reason."

"What's up, everybody? Time to put your hands up, do a little dance, yup. Here's the new anthem from EJ and the Phantoms," Flynn rapped, causing the audience to cheer and applaud.

Two boys opened the doors and Julie and Emily walked out before saying, "Thanks for coming, everyone!"

Julie and Emily began playing and singing. Shortly after, the band kicked in.

After Julie and Emily sang the first chorus, the boys came in after her. Reggie and Luke strummed their guitars while Alex banged the drums while singing into the mic.

The audience, excluding Carrie, danced to the rhythm. Julie caught Luke's eye and quickly looked away. Luke frowned and kept trying to catch her gaze.

Luke stared at Julie as he sang, and the two sang together.

Julie and Emily climbed up the piano bench, then the piano before sitting on the end as the audience sang along with her.

Luke had a guitar solo while the girls sang. He walked closer to Julie as he played.

Julie and Emily stood on the piano as they sang.

Luke sang, still staring at Julie.

Luke caught Julie's eye again and once again, she looked away. He glanced at his sister who also looked away. He moved closer to her, making it hard to avoid his gaze and she finally looked his way and smiled.

Alex and Reggie disappeared as Luke and Julie stared into each other's eyes and sang the end of the song together, along with Emily.

Luke disappeared, causing the audience to freak out.

---

As the girls ate pizza, Flynn said, "I can't say this enough; that was incredible. But epic fail on that eye contact thing." Julie and Emily chuckled.

Emily nodded. "She's right, Jules."

"So how do you two do those holograms?" Carlos asked.

"Oh, don't try to understand it, Carlos," Ray told him. "I don't."

"That's because you're old."

Ray fake laughed. "Funny guy. I'd send you to your room, but then who's gonna clean up this mess?"

Julie and Emily giggled before saying, "Don't poke the bear."

"Mm-mm," Flynn said before tutting and shaking her finger.

Carlos walked away and Ray asked, "So what are the boys doing right now?"

Emily shrugged. "Hanging out, I guess. You know, or whatever you do from where they're from." The girls shared a look and nodded.