Birth

" prince Ozai here is you, son." Ursa handed the new boy to Ozai. Ozai looked at him blankly." He didn't have a spark. We should kill it and try again." Fear fills Ursa at how cold Ozai's voice is. " but that doesn't mean he won't be a fire bender! With his having two powerful blenders as grandfather, there is still a chance." There was a tense moment of silence before Ozai spoke." Fine just before he said." OK." And with that, Ozai practically dropped the boy back onto the bed, and he started crying. Ursa quickly pulled the boy into her arms, hushing him. " grandfather, please watch over Zuko. Protect him when I can't show him the right path."

That night the spirit of roku stood next to his great-grandson's crib as he slept. He gently ran his hand over the boy's head. The boy slowly woke up and stared at him, but he was surprised when the boy smiled at him and tried to grab his fingers, but since he was a Spirit, the boy's hand kept going through Roku's hand." Can you see my little one?" The boy responded by laughing and tried to grab him again roku smiled." Ok, little one, I will look after you."

As Zuko grows older, Ozai is just as cruel as ever. Ursa was always there for him, but when she wasn't, Zuko would talk to roku. Zuko had no friends, but that was ok because he got to play with a fang. When Azula was born, roku so how Ozai favored Azula and converted her to his side. But when Ursa left, things for zuko got worse." Grandfather, why did mother go? Why don't father live me." Roku kneels next to Zuko." I don't know grandson, but she loved you very much, but your father only cares about power, but your uncle and I care about you for who you are."

Iroh returned to the palace roku was surprised that the prince could also see him." Hello Avatar roku." Roku smiled." Well, I am amazed that someone else besides zuko could see me." Iroh nodded and took a sip of his tea." I could go into the spirit world to try and find my son; sadly, that didn't happen, but I was enlightened by how the world is." Roku was impressed it was hard for an average person to travel into the spirit world." Well, I'm happy to know it is still good in sozen line." Iroh smiled." Thank you, but I must ask why you are here and why zuko can see you." Roku sighed." When zuko was born, my granddaughter asked me to look after him when she couldn't." Sadness fills Irohs face." Well, you won't know how to do it alone."