Chapter 13. Starting Vacation

Pushing open the door open to the quiet household, Selena dropped her bag onto the couch and kicked off her heels on the carpet by the door. Hearing the click of the light switch, Selena turned in place to a casually dressed Silas leaning against the now lit kitchen with his arms stretched out. Selena let out a soft smile before walking right into his arms relaxing in his embrace.

"You're back early," Selena whispers staying held in his arms holding onto him tighter.

"I got permission to leave early. I wanted to be here for you and with you..."

Selena could hear the smirk in his voice and shook her head leaning back. Her eyes darted to the stove, and she inhaled in the smells of spices and flavors. He made lunch as well. He noticed her glanced and backed out of her arms going into the kitchen. Not a minute later did he come back out with an empanada in a napkin handing it to her.

"Silas..." Selena muttered under her breath looking at her favorite childhood food.

"I remember you saying how after stressful days your mother made these and it seemed to make everything better. So, I thought to try. What do you think?"

Taking a bite, her eyes instantly closed as she let out a low moan. All the flavors and the crispiness of the outside combined, this is by far the best one she's ever had. Not only was the flavor good but the fact he made it in hopes of lifting her mood after the long day. It made her so happy.

Setting the food with the napkin onto the table, Selena wrapped her arm around his neck pulling his lips down to hers. Silas reacted instantly to her touch pining her body against the wall. Selena's hands clung to his shoulders as their lips moved desperately against one another. They both didn't realize just how much they missed each other's touch.

Although Selena tasted faintly of empanadas mixed with the gum, she was chewing prior, Silas didn't mind it one bit. In fact, he craved the taste of her. Silas's palms cupped her backside as she tilted her head up higher. Silas licked the seam of her lip before biting it and pulling. Selena instantly let out a moan that caused Silas to tighten inside. Fuck.

Selena reluctantly pulled away from him and Silas groaned out in complaint crossing his arms. She laughed at this before brushing her lips over his once more in a chaste kiss.

"Thank you, Silas!"

"Anything for you."

Selena blushed walking back into the kitchen with him picking up her food to finish while he picked one up for himself. They both sat on the island eating and talking about anything other than the trial from early that morning.

"Now that everything is finally settled, any chance we can still go on that date?" Silas asked finishing up his food before placing the napkin on the table.

"Well, my boss has given me the entire week off, so I was thinking maybe we can extend that date," Selena announced much bolder than before wrapping her arms around his neck, "Go away for the week."

"Oh really," Silas smiled at this newfound confidence in Selena.

"I mean only if you'd want to."

Silas silenced her worry with a kiss, he would do anything just to spend more time with her. And a week away sounded amazing to him, but how would he explain it to Jacob.

***

Leandra, Alyse, and Selena sat at the table overlooking the menu as they waited for Kelsey to arrive. Once a month the women met together to see how we were doing and to catch up on everything. They've been friends since college, Kelsey and Selena longer, and were all close with one another. Selena loved getting together like this and missed it.