Chapter 17. Intimacy

Mature Content Ahead***

The week flew by with both Selena and Silas doing fun activities and outings that only made their relationship grow stronger without them even realizing. It was now Friday evening and the two laid beside each other in silence just holding onto one another.

"You know I never thought this would happen..." Selena whispered into the silence.

Silas looked down at the top of her head humming under his breath in confusion. Selena sat up pulling out of his arms then crossed her legs facing him.

"Silas I..." Selena was about to tell him how she truly felt but fear took over, instead she told him something else. Something equally as important.

"When I was young, i had to grow up much quicker than everyone else," Selena breathed out shakily holding herself in her arms.

Silas could tell she need to say this and get it out. As much as he wanted to comfort her, he knew she didn't want his touch in that moment.

"When I was 13 almost 14, someone I trusted, my family trusted, violated me. I was just a child and... and felt as if I died. Since that happened, I've developed ptsd but also fears beyond anything I thought would've been possible for a child to have. Fears of not being loved, fears of not being able to move on with my life, and the fear of being stuck," a tear fell from her eye, but Selena wiped it quickly, "Learning I was pregnant at that age made me even more so scared, I had even contemplated suicide. No one knew this though; I think this is the first time I'm saying this out loud."

She paused for some time.

"But something changed along the way. I don't know what it was. Maybe the support of my family, the constant prayers I made every night, the feeling of life growing in me, or the overall trauma that had change me but something inside of me told me to keep going on. Kelsey had been my best friend through it all, my family had been by my side, and I kept having faith even though nothing seemed to be going right. Even growing up as a young mom, I felt like an outcast and different, I didn't have the life of a typical preteen or teen. I didn't go out to all those fun events, join sports, go to prom, or anything of the sort. I've never felt truly safe or secure up until recently. Meeting you."

A blush rose on her face and Silas smiled softly.

"You make me feel, I don't know, young again. All these fun activities we've done during the week, even going to the fair which I should've told you I've never went before that's why I was so excited. These things I've never truly experienced in those developing teenage years, I've experienced now with you and I treasure them. You always make me feel so special, secure, and constantly reassure me. Maybe that thing inside of me, that was telling me to move forward was because I would end up meeting someone as great as you."

Silas was unable to say anything, it was the most honest thing anyone has said to him and all the things she felt about him, he felt the same way.

Pulling on her arm she looked at him, moving in closer. Curling his hand on her cheek, he pulled her into a soft kiss. One that reassured her he felt all those things and more. Selena wrapped her arms around his neck meeting his kiss with equal fever.

"You are so strong," Silas whispered out breaking from her lips for only a moment, "Your heart, your mind, everything about you...You deserve only the best in life."

And I hope to give it to you, he thought in his mind.

His strong arms wrapped around her waist pulling her body, so it flushed against his. Her arms reached upwards resting on his neck as they joined in a kiss once more. A grown slipped out of his lips as he deepened the kiss with Selena.