Cursed gear

Your pov

I'd spent the whole evening with Yuu: listening to all he had to say, comforting him where I could through his trauma, there was a lot of it. He told me about his family, how they were abducted by the vampire around four years ago, how when they tried to escape, each and every member accept him was slaughter by a noble. The vampires name was Ferid Bathroy, and Yuu had sworn someday he'd get his revenge of the monstrous  man. I could t blame him for that, what he'd been through sounded absolutely awful. I couldn't stop thinking about it, the pain and horror of watching your loved ones dies right there before your eyes.

The agony was unimaginable...

Standing in the shower I thought about everything he'd said and everything I'd managed to do over from his story. It would seem I wasn't mistaken, vampires were indeed really within this world. Somehow though that didn't surprise me as much as I thought it would, it was like on some level of already accepted it as candour. There were many things I still found hazy and strange but everyone was being helpful to get me back on track - sweet little Yuu had even offered to keep me company incase I had another dizzy fit. Though of course when I said I was headed to wash up the poor boy for all flustered and ran offer shouting something about hunting Guran down. I must say I'm definitely fond of that kid already.

Turning the warm water off with a sigh I head a noice from outside the curtain and tense a little. Cautiously poking my head round with the plastic sheet pulled to conceal my body I glanced around the steam filled room until catching sight of a shadow. To my relief it was the now familiar silhouette of Mariah, the woman sat on a bench reading some book with her hair loose, this being the first time I'd seen it not pinned up in twin tails. Grabbing a towel from the side a wrapped the cloth around my body while letting the water run down and drip from my hair causing droplets to splash around my feet. Towel secured I walked over towards her.

"Hey uh, did you manage to find me a uniform..?" I asked knowing that's what she'd previously left to collect. Without saying a word nor moving she reached to her side and picked up a collection of black and green garments, holding them silently out towards me. I stepped forward and took the clothes with a grateful smile before heading back behind the curtain to change.

At first the uniform was a little tricky to understand, and I didn't think to much of its modesty. However once I fingered out the pieces and managed to fasten each button and strap correctly I must say I was rather proud of my appearance. Though looking in the misty mirror I still felt something was off, my face just didn't look like...well my face.

Walking back out while rolling up my sleeve I looked ahead and saw Mariah set her book aside and stand up. That's when I finally noticed the differences between our uniforms. Mine was black and green like the majority of the soldiers I'd seen so far, and what I'd thought hers had been yesterday. But I must've been mistaken since now she stood before me in black and red attire similar in design to the commanders of met thus far.

 But I must've been mistaken since now she stood before me in black and red attire similar in design to the commanders of met thus far