Ethereal

My neck stung with an unimaginable pain though it didn't co late to the one ripped through my stomach. The pain was intense and showed no signs of numbing, I couldn't quite remember when it began and wasn't sure at all how long it had been. My skin still crawled from where Ferids fingers had traced my flesh, itching and on fire everywhere he'd come within contact of me. My mind meanwhile, my mind was a spinning blur of darkness spiralling down into nothingness.

"...(y/n)...please wake up..." I heard a voice say, a voice I never thought I'd hear again. At least not right now, not here, not so soon. His voice was soft just like years ago, youthful and sweet as honey but there was something different now. He sounded tired and pained. The strain of so many years must've taken its toll upon him, something that hurt my heart to hear...

I felt hands on my shoulder and waist, a pressure upon my wounded stomach as I shivered. Whimpering I rolled closer to the slight warmth I felt at my right. One of those arms wrapped more securely round my shoulders and gently rubbed the two marks on my neck. His touch was gently and kind and yet firm enough I felt secure. However I still felt unbearably weak from blood loss, not having a demon meant my body simply had no defence at all against such an attack...

"Lady Kiboun...please wake up my dear..." he whispered, breath trailing like a gentle breeze across my face. He was so close, I felt butterflies in my stomach at the mere thought. I'd been away from him for four years though I knew in reality it had been so much longer. The last time I saw this man he was having to rush away to another battle, whisked away before I could discover the truth. So much had happened...but now I was back in his arms...

"...C-Crowley..." I managed to murmur rolling closer into his chest and weakly grasping at his coat, at least I had to think it was his coat. Then I felt a slight warmth as his hand landed over mine and smiled weakly as he laced his fingers threw mine. Struggling I slowly opened my eyes and gazed up, mesmerised when I saw him sat there leant over me. He didn't look a day older than that when we parted ways, he was my Crowley, my knight.

"I'm right here my love..." he whispered offering a small smile as he gently lifted my hand and grazed his lips to my knuckle in the chivalrous manner he always used to. My heart soared like a swallow in spring. As I took in his features I noticed the little changes: the new point to his ears, the added length to his hair braided at the back, and his eyes. Those eyes once ocean blue were now a dark crimson red, a ruby colour alike to all other vampires. He was still beautiful however, still my Crowley.

"...I didn't think I'd ever see you...again...Crowley..." I whispered quietly feeling as though my hand would drop were his not still holding it. His grip tightened a little as worry over took his expression. I tried offering him a smile just like I did all those years ago when he return the few moments before my death. Unfortunately this felt awfully similar to that event before. Crowley seemed to have noticed too, I could see the worry in his eyes as he leaned closer and pulled his over hand from my waist momentarily. I shuddered from agony and felt lightheaded as I saw his glove soiled in my blood.

"...try to save your strength for now," He spoke as he tore the fabric of his caplet then pressed it back to my wound as he tore his eyes from mine. His thumb meanwhile continued to rub circles against the back of my hand. My smile fell as I watched him, now noticing the tremor to his hands just like the one he had when trying to save my life before. At least this time i probably wouldn't die, hopefully, provided I found the medical care required soon.

"Crowley...I'm going to live...please...just look at me..." I begged gently tugging at his ha d to try and get his attention. He stopped his fiddling and lowered his head, braid falling down across his shoulder. "Crowley please...I need to see your face again." I added tracing my thumb across his knuckles trying to coax him back.