Chapter VIII.

━━━━━
Chapter Eight.
Summer fever
━━━━━

Summer had come along quite soon. And while his classmates had their own forms of fun during the break, Kazuya fortunately fell from summer fever.

The heat radiating from his body as well as how hot the weather was that day was unbearable. He lacked the strength to move and felt like his head was about to explode if he moved even an inch. He felt cold, but was sweating heavily. Though the AC was on, he still felt like he was in the sahara desert but it was rapidly switching from night to day.

The wet towel on his head soaked up hs sweat, but it didn't help the sweat that formed on his body.

    "Young master, please eat your medicine now." His maid told, placing the tray on his bedside before helping the boy sit upright.

His eyes were closed, making him resemble a sleepy baby in the older woman's eyes. His head was still burning and pounding, but he did as told, slipping in the pill to his mouth and taking a big gulp of water to distract himself from its bitter taste. His nose was annoyingly stuffed too, making breathing hard.

    "Mrs. Nao, could you hand me my phone?" The maid nodded, handing the boy his phone.

Tiredly, he tapped on one of the apps, tapping onto the screen before bringing his phone close to his ear. Realizing he was going to call someone, the maid bowed to the sickly boy, closing the door quietly till it clicked.

The call was thankfully picked up, silence invading the call.

    "Saiki, are you free right now?"

    "I'm trapped on an island ━ oh, aibou! What are you doing?"

    "Was that Nendou-kun?"

    "Yes."

    "Wait ━ YOU"RE TRAPPED ON AN ISLAND?!"

    "Yes."

Kazuya's eyes widened, sitting up straight.

    "Do you need any help? I can ask my dad to send a rescue team? Or get you guys a helicopter! Do you know where you are?"

    "On an island near Central America."

    "How the hell did you guys end up on an island near Central America?" He asked, sniffling.

    "Are you sick?"

    "Yeah, but I took my medicine." He told, "you didn't answer my question though, Saiki."

    "Shipwreck."

Awkward silence hung in the air after that.

    "I'll go send help. Call you-"

    "How are you feeling?"

    "Huh?"

    "Are you feeling okay after the incident?"

Kazuya's mind drifted off to what happened in the previous chapter, which was a month ago in this story. Kazuya hadn't speaking up as much after. His view on Aren changed, as well as on Saiki. He was still uncomfortable, and often had nightmares of Rise touching him without his consent. But he tried to forget all that happened, wanting to move on, to push forward. If that's how his future will be like, he'll charge forth.

    "I'm fine, Saiki."

    "You know, when people say that, it's most likely they aren't."

    "Then, I'll be fine?"

    "Not any better but don't worry." Saiki unconciously smiled, looking over to Aren who carried Kaido over his shoulder effortlessly.

    "You have a guardian angel watching over you."

And by guardian angel, I mean Kobayasu. I'll continue my life like the usual.

 I'll continue my life like the usual