OCCHIOLISM

"Miss Foraye?"

Lara's eyes were barely open. She kept fluttering between the darkness and the fluorescent lights above her bed. The noises around her were dull and her head felt stuffy.

She barely moved, but it was enough to let her interrogator know she was awake.

"Miss Foraye, I believe you were saying something," she continued nonchalantly, "Do you remember what you wanted to say?"

The question seemed innocent. Lara was nearly ready to give up and actually answer. But she remembered what was at stake.

She groaned and mumbled something under her breath. Her interrogator scooted closer and leaned their head towards her lips, pushing her to repeat it.

Lara sighed tiredly and licked her dry and cracked lips. Her whispers were broken and soft,

"Go to hell."

She turned her head to the side and let it hit the mattress. They'd already taken her pillow and blanket away after the initial questioning. It would suffice to say its only gotten worse from there.

The interrogator huffed and backed away again. She motioned for the nurse to come forward. The nurse held up a syringe and slid it into Lara's arm.

The latter was too weak to resist. She'd become accustomed to the feeling while being held hostage in the Capitol. Snow had ordered Lara to be in on total lockdown, complete with interrogation and secret torture.

She'd had daily injections to make her body weak, and therefore subdue her mind. They hoped it would make her relax enough to slip up any information she had. Snow also sent in peacekeepers to rough her up.

She was a brutal sight. Bruises and cuts covered her body from the beatings and from the Quarter Quell. Her eyes were sunken in and she looked deadly pale. Her limbs were shriveled from being restrained so long; she hadn't been released from her bed for days now.

All of these attempts to keep Lara weak were falling. She'd simply fight back or when she was too tired, she'd accept her death with full peace.

So when she felt the substance in the syringe flood her body, she let it. She merely whimpered as the needle entered and left her skin.

The interrogator leaned forward with clasped hands, "Let's try again. Miss Foraye, if you would be so generous, please enlighten us as to what information you have regarding this so called rebellion."

Lara shook her head. Her wrists tugged upwards at the restraints on her arms but it was pointless. She was out of breath simply from trying.

The interrogator was about to ask another question but the door to her room unlocked. The sound made Lara's eyes open just a little bit more.

She looked to see four peacekeepers enter first before Snow himself stepped in. He gestured for the interrogator to move.

"Leave us."

They nodded and hurried out.

Once the two were alone, Snow moved closer to Lara's cot. He leaned over her with a small smirk. It made her want to punch the glee right off his face.

"Miss Foraye, it has come to my attention that you are quite resilient. As you were when you became a victor. But you've always had a weakness."

His gleaming eyes met her own.

"Your friends."

That made Lara curious. Every since she'd been there, she'd ask where everyone else was. No one told her what happened at the end of the games. She didn't even know who was alive. So far, she felt like the only one left.