Chapter 5. "Mother"

Kayaki:

We were finally done moving junk around the beach and All Might approvingly looked over the first clean spot of the beach.

"It's looking good! By the end of the summer it'll be as good as new!" He gave his signature thumbs up and Izuku watched him with admiration. It was honestly refreshing being around someone who was so purely positive. All Might was positive to an extent. He held something behind his tone and gaze sometimes. Almost like in a way we were kindred spirits, he understood the loneliness I felt as well as the pain. Maybe I was assuming or reading into things to much but there was something else behind his blinding smile.

Izuku continued to ramble with All Might until he looked down at his watch. "I should be getting you home, Kayaki" 
I nodded softly and the green haired boy smiled gently "See you in the morning?"

I gave a curt nod and he began running down the beach while waving.

I watched him leave and then walked back up the beach with All Might. I hadn't gotten the time to ask him to take me to the pharmacy and I could feel my hold on my now wrinkled check get tighter. It was always a struggle to ask for help from anyone. It felt like I was letting my mom down, it was my job to take care of her.

I felt inadequate sometimes but it was time to suck in my pride and ask for a favor. "Hey..I need to ask you something"

The number one hero quirked an eyebrow and looked over at me as we made our way away from the beach. "Sure, what is it?" he held a smile as he continued to stare me in the eyes.

I averted my eyes and bit my bottom lip. "Can we make a stop at the pharmacy by my house?"

He was quiet for second until he began making a turn from the usual one that led to my house. "Of course" 

He left it at that, which I was grateful for. We had made it to the run down pharmacy that had been here for at least two decades. All Might strolled in behind me. I made my way to the back where a old woman sat behind a counter typing information into an older desktop.

"Ah! Kayaki! I thought it was weird that I haven't seen you in about a week or two"

She repositioned her glasses as her eyes landed on All Might behind me.

"Oh I see you have some company this time"

I let out a awkward chuckle "Yeah"

"Well let me just get the usual and I'll be right back." I could feel All Might's gaze on the back of my head but I refused to turn around to acknowledge him.

The older woman came shuffling back with a white bag that seemed to hold about three pill bottles. "Here you are dear, are you paying by check again?"

I nodded softly as I took my last pay check out of my pocket and gave her the wrinkled piece of paper. She made no comment on the condition of the check and ran it through her check scanner. She slid the bag of pills to me and gave me five dollars that was left over from my check.

"I'll see you next month!" She gave me a gentle smile and I could feel dread building up in my stomach.

"Yeah" I croaked out.

I would worry later tonight about next month, for now I needed to get home so mom could have her next dose before dinner. I grabbed the bag and held it tightly within my hands as I turned around. All Might stood there staring at me as his smile was barely there. I averted my gaze and moved around the towering hero as the exit slid open for us.

We walked towards my house as the small sounds of vehicles could be heard every now and then. "Are those for your mother?"

His question came slightly out of no where from the quiet walk we were having. "Yeah" I curtly responded.