Chapter .4 "Izuku Midoriya"

Kiyaki:

It was the end of my first day on house arrest. This morning was kind of nice in a way when I had been doing community service with All Might. I was use to working constantly, whether it be at school, taking care of my mother or having a job. I was constantly doing something and always in solitude. Even though I was near my mother, we rarely had conversations and I wasn't the most social person at school.

So even just having a small conversation with the number one hero was slightly refreshing. I must have been highly desperate for any kind of social interaction. 

I let out a sigh as I cleaned up the kitchen. I had made dinner for my mother and I, which left the kitchen a slight mess. I brought her plate to her and she refused to make eye contact with me as her show was a low hum in the background.

I placed her tray across her lap and stuck  her usual pills on the side of the tray. The pills were slowly running dry and I still had my last pay check in my ruined book bag. Now that I was on house arrest it was going to be impossible picking up her prescription.

I decided I would figure that out sometime tomorrow and tried to focus on the task I had at hand. "Do you need anything else?" My voice sounded monotone even to my own ears as my mother finally looked up at me.

Her face held a painful expression as I saw something else swirl within her eyes. "No" She barked out as she averted her gaze. I bit my bottom lip and retreated up stairs. I tossed myself on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I hated seeing the face that she gave me all day. I had purposefully sat outside early this morning to avoid her, but once I came home, the painful stares began.

She looked like she wanted to say something but never uttered any words unless it was a simple response. I sighed and let my arm rest across my eyes, I had put myself in a terrible situation and I had to simply ride through the consequences. Time could hopefully make this better and for me to use actions over words. I wanted to show her that I wasn't my dad and that I made a simple mistake.

I was human after all, not the machine that took care of her day and night. My eyes widened at my bitter thoughts and I quickly shut them down.

Tomorrow I would be training with All Might and his student, I felt a small sense of excitement but it was then dimmed. Training would get me no where now, there was no way I could get into U.A after what I did.

But I suppose training could take my mind and frustrations out instead of having them bottled up.

I did feel slightly anxious to meet his student, he had said that the boy was my age. I had never really talked to someone my age unless absolutely necessary. I was so busy with trying to take care of my mother that my social life was non existent and usually I took school as an opportunity to shut down.I would sleep on the roof through lunch or dose off in class occasionally.

I forced my eyes to stay closed as I willed myself to sleep for a couple of hours.

----

Izuku:

I felt pumped today as I headed down towards the beach. The words All Might had said to me, was constantly on repeat. I could be a hero. I clenched my fists tightly as a path began to open up to me so that I could accomplish my dreams.

Trash littered the beach and I felt my nose scrunch up in distaste. I sat on a old laundry machine and awaited patiently for my new mentor to get here. I watched the sun rise and felt relaxed as the waves moved softly. 

I could hear a distant conversation and my head snapped up. I saw All Might walking across the beach in his hero form with a girl by his side who looked around my age. She had her dark hair pulled back and sweats that had her hands stuffed into there pockets. A white shirt flapped around with the morning breeze as her eyes stayed on her sneakers. All Might let out a boisterous laugh and I couldn't help but smile at his energy.