Chapter Six

𝓡𝓲𝓵𝓮𝔂

We drive for a couple more minutes before we enter a clearing. It was beautiful. Surrounded by willow trees and a pond in the center.

The moon was shining directly onto the pond which cast an almost iridescent light. "We're here beautiful," he says turning the car off and looking at me. "It's beautiful," I say gaping at the scenery around us. "I'm glad you like it," he says opening his door.

I open my door and he goes to open his trunk. He takes out a basket and I release the breath I didn't know I was holding. He takes my hand and guides me under one of the willow trees. It was so beautiful under here and I knew that I would come back on my own one day.

"Do you like sandwiches I guess that's something I should've asked before I packed it" he asks me unloading the contents of the basket laughing nervously. "Oh, I love sandwiches it just depends on the type," I say picking up a PB&J sandwich.

"It's all I know how to make and that I knew you would enjoy because it's a classic," he says blushing. "Oh it's fine," I say eating my sandwich.

We sit in a comfortable silence until he suddenly breaks it. "So what's your story," he asks me.

"What do you mean," I ask nervously. "I mean like what made you live here or did the road just take you somewhere," he asks looking at me.

"Well, my relationship with my parents is kind of rocky. Something happened to me as a kid and they didn't know how to handle me afterward. So as soon as I could move I moved. I love my apartment because it's mine and I didn't need any help. My job is pretty simple and I work from home. Other than that there's nothing really important about me" I say smiling at the scenery in front of me.  Also, I'm stalking you but you don't need to know that.

"Well if it's any constellation I can relate to you. My parents and I have a shitty ass relationship. I also moved to get away if you know what I mean" he says laughing. I giggle. "Well, cheers to having horrible relationships with our parents," I say knocking out sandwiches together.

He stares at me for a long moment. "You know I pegged you to be the innocent girl who listens to their parents' every demand" I scoff and roll my eyes. "Well, you were completely wrong". We continue to eat our sandwiches in silence except for this time it was tense.

When we were done we packed up the food and head back to the car. Trying to remember the way back to the place I make sure to pay attention to all the things around us.

When we get back to the apartment complex I have fully mapped the way to the clearing in the woods. I get out to thank him for the night and walk back up the stairs to my apartment still lowkey pissed off about his assumptions.

When I got there I go inside and make sure to lock my door. I heard to my room and properly take care of my camera. I take the SD card out and add it to the collection of cards with him on it. I take the tapes from my camera and download them onto the computer I used for this stuff.

A knock on my door alerts me so I close everything up properly and head to the door. When I open it I see him standing there. "I'm sorry about the assumptions I made about you," he says rubbing the back of his neck. "Oh, it's okay. I've been over it" I say smiling at him. He blinks.

"Oh okay well good night," he says and walks away. I close and lock my door and head back to my room. I realized that keeping this in my apartment wasn't the smartest idea and I bought a storage unit.

A small one because this shouldn't take up a lot of space.