Confession pt. 2

Percys POV

    After Annabeth had calmed down and we talked for a bit, I put on my favourite movie ever...Finding Nemo!

    I was really worried when I saw Annabeth throwing things around her room, not that I was staring, she was just making a lot of noise. Then when my mom called me and said that she was in our living room, I ran down the stairs faster than The Flash.

    I felt so bad for her, because on some levels, I understand what that's like. She was saying all of these things about her not being good enough and how her step-mom says horrible things about her. It really made me want to punch her step-mother, but that's not okay, so I just had to be there for Annabeth.

    My mom was working a night shift tonight so she some how trusted me to stay alone with Annabeth, because obviously she didn't want to go home to Helen. So, I made some popcorn and we settled on the couch under a whole bunch of blankets.

    "Finding Nemo is your favourite movie? No wonder your such a Seaweed Brain," she laughed.

    It was good to see her smiling again. I hated seeing her so upset.

    "Hey! Don't judge me, this is a great movie," I fake pouted.

    "Okay, you're right, I'm sorry," She said still smiling.

    After a while of watching the movie I noticed her head start to droop a bit. She switched positions to lay on my lap and almost instantly fell asleep. I looked at her tear stained face and it made me want to punch anyone who has hurt her. (A/N Wait till he finds out about the creepo).

    A few minutes later, I heard the front door unlock. It was definitely too early for my mom to be home, so that only leaves one option. Smelly Gabe. I would've just sat there and waited for my death, but I had Annabeth to worry about now.

    "Hey Annabeth, I need you to wake up," I whisper shouted.

    She stirred a little and opened her eyes.

    "Annabeth listen to my carefully, I want you to go upstairs and hide in my bedroom closet. I'll explain later but we don't have much time," I said.

    She seemed to understand the worry in my voice and ran up the stairs.

    Almost a second after she left, Gabe came into the living room. He reeked of alcohol and to top it off he had a whole case of beer in his hand. When he walked into the room he immediately noticed me and a sly grin appeared on his face.

    "Did ya miss me, you little dirtbag?" He came closer to where I was sitting on the couch.

    Without even thinking I replied with the first thing that came to mind. "No."

    Gabes anger started to rise. I could tell just from the way his big greasy head started to turn a nasty shade of red. He dropped his things and punched me right in the face, I doubled back a bit. I hated doing this but I had to do something to get out of this beating.

    "I'm sorry, please let me go, it won't happen again," I stammered.

    "Yeah, it better not. Now get out of my sight before I do something worse," he snarled.

    I quickly regained my bearings and made a run for it up the stairs. I felt so bad for just leaving Annabeth like that, but I would never forgive myself if she got hurt because of me.

    "Annabeth? Are you here?" I asked, shutting the door to my bedroom.

    She opened the closet door and rushed forward and tackled me with a hug.

    "I-I didn't know what was happening! I was so scared Percy. Are you ok?!" She looked really concerned, and she was shaking again.

    "I'm ok Wise Girl. I'm sorry I put you through that, but I think that since you told me about your step-mom, I should tell you about my step-dad," I said.

    We sat on the bed and the entire time I was explaining to her about Gabes abuse, and how it started a few months after my mom married him, she wouldn't let go of my hand. I was glad for her, even after all she went through, she was still there for me too.

    "Percy I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. If anything ever happens I want you to come to me, no matter how big the problem is I'll always be here. You have me too, ya know," she said.

    No one has ever been there for me before, well except for my mom, but she doesn't know about what Gabe does to me. So Annabeth saying that she will be there for me no matter the problem, makes me feel not so alone anymore.

    "Thank you, and I guess we'll just have to look out for each other. That's what best friends do right?" I said.

    She looked sad for a split second, but then she smiled. "Best Friends."

    All of a sudden her smile dropped again.

    "Annabeth? Is everything okay?" I asked.

    "Well, my dad is out of town with my brothers until tomorrow so it's only Helen at the house. Would...would you mind if I stayed here?" She asked.

    "Of course you can, do you want me to lend you some comfier clothes?"

    She nodded and thanked me. I walked over to my dresser and picked out an old pair of shorts and one of my t-shirts that would definitely be too big, but that's ok. I handed her the clothes and directed her to the bathroom down the hall.

    While she was changing I started to make myself a makeshift bed on the floor. She walked back in and started laughing. I looked up at her with a confused gaze and raised one eyebrow.

    "You can sleep in the bed, too, Seaweed Brain. I'm not gonna bite," she said.

    I rolled my eyes and picked up my pillow off the floor and we scooted under the covers. It took a while to get used to the fact that there was a girl sleeping in my bed, but it was only Annabeth, so it wasn't too bad. She snuggled in close to my chest and I just hoped she could hear how fast my heart was beating.

    I could feel her light and steady breathing and I could smell the lemony scent of her hair. I just realized that I didn't feel so uncomfortable anymore, and that was because I had a crush on Annabeth Chase, my best friend.

A/N

Well no duh Percy. Also, I'm sorry this is really cliche and you have probably seen it before, but it gets better I swear.

As always feedback is appreciated, thanks for reading!

- Izzy