The Hospital

Annabeths POV

    As I walked out of Percys hospital room, I felt a wave of relief wash over me. I almost lost him, and it was all because of his wretched step-father. I didn't know it before, but I knew now more than ever that I loved Percy. I can't picture my life without his sarcastic trouble maker smile and messy black hair.

    "You ready to go?" Sally started to walk towards me from where she was sitting in the lobby.

    "Yup," I replied simply.

    We walked out of the hospital and over to my dads parked car where he was waiting to pick us up. I climbed in the backseat and Sally sat upfront. When we hopped in the car my dad looked up from his phone and gave a sympathetic smile.

    "Hey, how is he doing?" He asked.

    "He's alright, I had no idea that this was happening to him. I should've known better than to trust Gabe," Sally's eyes were brimming with tears.

    I suddenly felt guilty for everything. I should have told someone about what was happening, then none of this would have happened. He could have died. I suddenly burst out into tears, all of the pressure and feelings I've been keeping inside seemed to rush out all at once.

    "Annabeth, what's wrong!?" Sally turned to face me and grabbed onto my hands.

    "I-I knew. Percy told me what was happening, I knew and I didn't say anything. It's all my fault. I just...I care about him too much, if he had died I don't know what I would've done," I sobbed.

    Sally stroked my hair, "shhh, shhh it's okay," she whispered. I was grateful for Sally. Ever since my mom left and Helen moved in, she was the closest thing I had to a motherly figure.

    "I don't blame you, honey," she said, wiping away my tears. I nodded in response.

    "Yeah Annabeth, it's not your fault," my dad piped in. I turned to face him, my anger suddenly started to rise.

    "Did you talk to Helen?" I asked.

    He started with a stupid excuse as to why he didn't talk to her, figures. I didn't mean to, but I started to lash out at my father.

    "Of course you didn't! Well, you can add this to your long list of things you need to talk to her about," I said as I rolled up my sweatshirt sleeves to reveal many bruises on my arms. They have faded a little, but you can still see them.

    My dad looked bewildered. "She-she did that to you? Annabeth I had no idea, she will pay for this. I will talk to her tonight, and I want you to be there," He said.

    I nodded, wiping away a few angry tears that had escaped.

    "Annabeth, you and Percy are so brave for having to go through this. I am glad that you have each other," Sally said with a knowing smile.

    I smiled and soon enough, everyone had their seatbelts buckled and we headed back to our houses. I pulled out my phone and opened my messages with Piper.

Hey, it's a long story but Percy is in the hospital. He's okay, but if we're not at school for a few days that's why.

I sent my message to Piper, knowing that she would share it with everyone else so I didn't have to. Texting it to one person is bad enough, bringing back the wave of memories from the night before.

I was so scared when I'd realized that there was an ambulance taking my barely conscious boyfriend to the hospital. The lights and the sirens all gave me a feeling of vertigo.