Scary Awakening

Annabeths POV

I woke up to the loud sound of a siren, and flashing lights casting into my bedroom. At first I thought I was dreaming, but then I became more awake and aware that I was, in fact awake.

Where the heck where the lights coming from? Was it a police car?

I walked downstairs and peeked through the front window, my family was beginning to come down the stairs. When I saw what was outside my heart stopped. There was an ambulance parked outside of Percys house. Paramedics rushed and pulled a stretcher with him on it and what looked like Sally holding his hand.

I rushed out the front door and ran up to Sally. The paramedics made her stand back while they lifted Percy into the ambulance. I looked around and saw police cars and an officer arresting Gabe.

"Is-is he okay?" I choked out.

Sally was crying and she just pulled me into a hug, I held her and let myself cry as well.

The paramedics told Sally that she could come in the ambulance now because they had to rush to the hospital. She held onto my hand, "she is coming too, I don't want to hear about it," Sally said.

The paramedic nodded and my dad rushed over to us.

"Dad, Percy is hurt. I'm going with Sally to the hospital," I said.

He nodded and with that, Sally and I climbed into the ambulance and the paramedics shut the doors. When I saw Percys face I choked up. How could this have happened. I thought.
It looked like he was weaving in and out of consciousness, it hurt me to see him like this. My Seaweed Brain.

I looked down from his face because I saw movement. He was trying to lift up his hand. I grabbed onto it and looked back up to his eyes. They were half open, but drooping quite a bit. I don't know what I would do if he died, I needed him.

In that moment, I realized I loved him. I was so in love with him I would be lost without him.

"Come on Seaweed Brain, just hold on a little longer, please," I whispered.

—— Percys POV ——

I remember being pulled off the floor and onto a stretcher, my mom was crying as she followed me out to the ambulance. Everything was fuzzy, I kept falling back unconscious, but I could piece together small things.

I might have been dreaming, but when I was in the ambulance, I thought I saw Annabeth at my side. I tried my best to reach my hand up to touch her, but with little success. I felt a warm hand slip into my palm and I realized she was really there.

"Come on Seaweed Brain, just hold on a little longer, please," she said, crying.

I assume we reached the hospital, but my mind was foggy. I was being rolled away from Annabeth and my mom and then I heard doctors shouting orders. I didn't want to die, I had so much to live for now.

"He's slipping away!" Was the last thing I heard before I saw nothing. I felt nothing, just emptiness. Was I dead?

Then I heard a voice. It was quiet at first but then it became more clear. I was in a white room, with no doors. Bright fluorescent light shone in my face. "Hold on Seaweed Brain," it was Annabeth's voice, much clearer now. "You're not getting away from me that easily."

I felt an invisible cord wrap around me and pull me back up, maybe this was it? My final chance to hear her voice before I died. I suddenly felt myself regain my senses. I could feel things again and I could hear the quiet beeping of a heart monitor.

I thought my eyes were already open, but I opened them again. I looked around the room and saw that I was back in the hospital. My mom was sleeping in a chair across the room, still in her work clothes. I felt something warm in my hand, I look beside me and see Annabeth holding my hand, with a chair pulled up beside my bed, she was sleeping.

Annabeth must have felt my hand move because she jolted awake, she looked up at me as the realization set in that I was conscious again.

"Oh my gods you're alive! I was so scared I would lose you," she said, giving me a hug, but she was gentle enough not to hurt me. She started to cry softly, which were happy tears I think.

I attempted to say something but not much came out, I settled for a weak smile and reached up to wipe her tears away.

"Don't ever scare me like that again," she pointed her finger at me. "I love you too much for you to leave me here alone." After realizing what she just said, she closed her mouth and sat back onto the chair. Did she really love me?

I smiled at her red face and nervous look. I took her hand, "I love you too," I said the best I could.

Annabeth put on the biggest smile and kissed me softly on the lips. It was short, and when she pulled away she sat back in her chair and held my one hand in both of hers.

"I'm really sorry this happened, Percy. I could've-" she started.

"Annabeth, none of this is your fault. Did Gabe get arrested?" I asked.

She nodded. After a minute of silence, my mom woke up and called in the doctor. She ushered my mom and Annabeth out of the room, which I wasn't that happy with, but whatever.

The doctor explained to me my injuries and said I had a few broken ribs, a bit of internal bleeding and a heck of a lot of bruises. She said that I was going to be discharged tomorrow, they just wanted to keep an eye on me for the rest of the day.

When she left, Annabeth came in and told me that my mom was calling her dad and explaining the situation. He was going to come pick them up to go change their clothes. She saw the disappointed expression on my face and quickly told me she would be straight back for visiting hours. My spirits lifted.

"Speaking of that, how did they let you in? I thought it was family only," I asked.

Annabeth turned a bit pink, "oh, I uh..kind of yelled at them to let me see you. Sally backed me up of course."

"Well I'm not surprised," I laughed.

She grinned sheepishly and gave me a quick kiss and left the room to go meet her dad outside.

After she left my mom came in the room.

"I am so glad you're okay. How are you feeling?" My mom asked.

"I'm alright Mom. I'm just glad that idiot was taken away," I said.

My mom smiled at me and then left to go join Annabeth. She had to go to work, and with Gabe gone she couldn't afford to miss, so she wouldn't come back with Annabeth.

I thought about Annabeth, she actually said she loved me. How could I have been so lucky to find someone like her. She was all I needed, if anything bad was happening in my life, all I had to do was look into her beautiful stormy grey eyes and I knew everything would be okay.

I have her, and she has me. Through anything, I knew we would always be there for each other.

A/N

Heyy, sorry if I gave anyone a mini heart attack. I'm not that evil so I didn't kill Percy, I mean how could I? The percabeth is just starting to pick up!

Anyways I won't be pos    ting too much this week because I'm going to my aunts house. I'll se what I can do but no promises.

Thanks for reading it means so much!

- Izzy