Return Chaos

Percys POV

I just settled down with Annabeth on the couch and we were going to watch 10 Things I Hate About You, when there was a knock on the door.

"Uuughhhh," I groaned.

Annabeth laughed and got up to go answer the door, I followed behind her, just in case it was some creepy dude. When she opened the door, I froze.

Standing on the other side of the threshold was none other than Smelly Gabe. How he got out of custody, I don't know, but what worries me more is what he's going to do to us.

Annabeth wastes no time slamming the door shut and bolting it. Silence.

A few seconds later I hear banging on the door, the door handle jiggles. More banging. I can feel my breath start to quicken, I remember back to everything Annabeth has told me to do and I do it. My breathing slows, my hands solid.

I reach out and grab Annabeths hand and run up the stairs. The banging continued. I pulled Annabeth into my bedroom closet and shut and lock the door. I pulled out my phone and dialled 911.

"911 what's your emergency?" The operator says.

"My abusive step father has broken out of jail and is banging on my door. He's trying to break in," I say.

"What's your location?" The operator asks.

I tell her the address.

"Okay, are you with anyone?"

"Yes I'm with my girlfriend, we're hiding in a closet, although I don't think he is inside yet," I respond shakily, squeezing Annabeths hand to make sure she doesn't disappear.

"What are your names?" She asks.

"Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase," I say.

"Okay please stand by, help is on the way," She says.

"Thank yo-" I started to say, but the sound of shattering glass cut me off.

"Percy I think he's in the house," Annabeth whispered.

"Please hurry," I say into the phone.

Large stops fill the air, Gabe sounds like he's walking up the stairs. Doors slam open, I count all of the times I hear it. Mine is the fifth door. 1...2...3...4...

I wait for him to come to where we were hiding. He would not hurt me or more importantly Annabeth. I would make sure of it this time.

My bedroom door bursts open.

"I know you're in here Jackson! I'm gonna kill you this time," Gabe bellowed.

Click.

The sound of a gun.

Annabeth let out a small whimper and clapped her hand over her mouth.

Gabe laughed and trudged over to the closet door. Her kicked the door and the lock broke,  he smiled an evil grin.

Before I could register what he was going to do he punched me across the face. When I looked back up, Annabeth wasn't beside me, because Gabe has her back pressed against his greasy body with his gun held to her head.

I felt the urge to scream, my anger boiled. If he pulled that trigger, I would have nothing left in this world. I'd be lost and broken, it had to be me instead.

"Gabe if you do this..." my voice cracked.

"You know what, Jackson. I think that I will. Why not cause you pain? All you are is a stupid, messed up boy who will never be loved by anyone," He snarled.

I locked eyes with Annabeth, the terror in her tear filled eyes broke my heart. I got her into this mess, how could I be so stupid.

"Three, Two, One," He counted down and I yelled.

"I love you," Annabeth said.

A gunshot went off.

I opened my eyes, there stood a frozen Annabeth, with an unconscious, bloody Gabe at her feet. Behind her was three police officers, one of them had shot Gabe.

I signed forward and engulfed Annabeth in a hug. We sank to the ground and she started to cry. I felt so sad, but so relieved that the same time. She pulled back to look into my eyes, then kissed me.

"I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry, Annabeth," I said, tears clouding my vision of her beautiful gray eyes.

"It's okay, I'm okay, you're okay," She calmed down.

"But- but I should've protected you, what if he actually pulled the trigger! I would have nothing left, I can't imagine my life without you in it," I said.
"I don't blame you, I blame him," she glanced at Gabes limp body that was being hauled out of the room.

"Still I- I just can't believe I didn't do anything," I felt so guilty.

"Percy look at me, look at me," she lifted my chin. "Don't you ever, think for one second that any of this was your fault. I love you, and that's all that matters," she gave a small smile.

I nodded. "Okay, let's get out of here."

We walked down towards the living room and cuddled up on the couch. We spent the rest of the night huddled close together, taking in each other's warmth. As I drifted off to sleep, I put all of the bad memories of Gabe behind me, and dreamed of my future with Annabeth.

A/N

HAHAHAH sorry for that, actually I'm really not.

Raise ur hand if you thought I was going to kill Annabeth.

Nah I couldn't do that to my boi Percy, he's too sweet for this world. Also, I don't think that I would've been able to capture the full essence of dark Percy, so I left it how it was.

Anyways, see you all next time.

-Izzy