Fifteen

Elated . Uh-lei-tuhd . adj (ecstatically happy)

I was frozen. I didn't know whether to start screaming in fear or start crying, or hug her or shout at her so I stayed still with my mouth open.

"Miss Russo? I thought you-," Daniella turned to look at her and she was just as confused as I was. "How are you still alive?" She whispered.

"You went to my funeral, correct? You cried, shared stories, the usual funeral stuff. But did you actually see my body?" She chuckled, shaking her head. "Andrea? You don't want to hug your own mother?"

At this moment it seemed my mouth had a mind of its own. "You faked your own death and left me all by myself!" I yelled, marching towards her. "You never checked up on me or even bothered to make an attempt? Why the hell did you leave me alone?"

Her face hardened up and her eyes became daggers aiming at me. "Andrea, from birth you know I do not accept that tone when you're talking to me. I did check on you. Every single day of the week and once a week I'd watch you for myself to make sure you're okay. But the funniest thing happened. Would you like to know what that is?"

I wanted the earth to eat me up. What type of mother fakes her own death and leaves her best friend's mother to take care of her. Mother of the year, right?

"When I asked for a report of what you did on a Thursday, I wasn't able to get one. And when I tried to look by hacking your phone, you told Danny you didn't want to be friends, quit your job, and told Michael you were going to see a friend."

"Now, in my brain that made no sense whatsoever until Michael quickly disappeared as well. Now I was here thinking, Did the two of you get killed by some petty criminals, or were you going off the grid for another reason?"

I looked down at my feet remembering Michael. "Michael died, right?" She asked, a smirk evident in her tone. "I'll take that silence as a yes. I never liked him, you know. I just hired him to be your boyfriend and keep you company." She shrugged, causing me to feel angry.

"You paid a guy to be my boyfriend?" I sniffed, wiping the tear that just fell.

"A few days after Michael disappeared I got a call that you're with that bastard Stephano. Of course, they found out I tried to have a child to take over. And I also heard you were having a romantic relationship with Stephano. What is wrong with you?"

"You're asking that like you didn't just fake your own death." I snapped back, sourly.

She chuckled while shaking her head. "Fair enough. You can ask me any questions and I'll answer them all."

I thought about all the questions running through my mind. I wanted to ask her all of them but I knew she'd get angry if I asked too many. "I'll excuse you two." Daniella smiled, walking upstairs.

Once she was gone I began talking. "Why did you fake your death?" I asked her. It was the first thing that came to mind.

"Because of Vincenzo and Arabella. Andrea,   you know my brother died at the hands of Vincenzo. After I woke up from my coma they told me the news and I had to get revenge and take over Giovanni's gang. Giovanni is Arabella's stepfather." She explained.

"Why do you have to take over his gang?"

"Because a few of his men weren't happy with having Vincenzo as their boss so they rebelled and knew how much I hated Vincenzo so they 'made' me the boss. All I have to do is kill Vincenzo."

"So this big mansion is because you're in a mafia?"

She nodded her head. "I only gave birth to you to make sure when I die, Stephano couldn't take over." She muttered, bitterly. "That twat, Stephano. I hate all Varallo men. They're nothing but a waste of space."

"Do you love me?" I whispered out. From the way she was talking, I felt as if she didn't love me. I felt as if conceiving me, being a single mother, was all just a plan she carefully thought out.

A smile spread across her lips and she was finding trouble breathing because of her fits of laughter. "Why would you ask something so stupid? Of course, I love you Andrea. I'm so elated that you're finally here with me. I could have just stopped checking up on you but I didn't. Because I love you. It's only a plus side that you managed to get into their house. Now tell me everything."

Taking a deep breath, I placed a hand on my forehead. "I don't know if I want to. I'm tired and processing you never dying is too much for me. I really need to get to bed. If you don't mind?"

She nodded her head. "Of course. Get a good night's sleep. Be well rested for tomorrow because we'll be doing a lot of bonding." She smiled, hugging me. "I love you, Andrea, and I'm sorry for abandoning you."

"Hm," I hummed, not knowing if the words 'I love you' could even escape my lips.

I walked upstairs and into the first room, I could find. My mom is still alive? My mom is still alive!?

*-*-*

QUESTION FOR CHAPTER FIFTEEN: DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER LUCIA?