The Nightmare Arrives

"Statements"

'Thoughts'

Side Notes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a long flight ahead of Ash and Goh. Professor Cerise had requested them to travel to the Sinnoh Region to research a sudden outbreak of strangely colored Garchomp.

"So Goh, you ready to get to the Sinnoh Region?" Ash said.

"You bet! I bet there's all kinds of Pokemon to catch there. I might even bag one of the special Garchomps for myself," Goh answered excitedly.

"That'd be fun, I can't wait to return to Sinnoh. All the memories I made there with Dawn and Brock were great!"

"Speaking of which, you'd never actually told me of your adventures in Sinnoh. Aside from Infernape, I'm not actually too familiar with any of the Pokemon you caught there."

Ash thought for a second, then smirked. Goh was his friend, but it did occasionally annoy him that the relatively new trainer was so good at catching Pokemon, even bagging a Legendary like Suicune along with a fairly rare Absol. So whenever Ash got the chance to brag a little about HIS Pokemon, he took it.

"Well actually, I caught a whole bunch of Pokemon, and I still remember every single one of them. Torterra, Infernape, Gible, Buizel, Staraptor, and Gliscor all helped me through some of my best battles in Sinnoh, all the way up to the Sinnoh League." Ash stated.

Goh was somewhat surprised by this, he was well aware of how skilled Ash was, his impressive team of 6 showed that clearly, but he knew you had to be at the top of the competition to make it to a regional league.

"The Sinnoh League? I didn't know you competed there. How'd you do?" Goh questioned.

"I fought some really great trainers. I went against this incredibly strong trainer named Paul in the quarterfinals. He was actually Infernape's original trainer until he released it as a Chimchar and I took it upon myself to train it," Ash reminisced on his former rivalry with the purple haired fellow, "He was tough, but I managed to pull through thanks to the help of my Pokemon."

"Woah, this Paul guy sure sounds strong, nice work beating him."

"Yeah, unfortunately, I lost to this even stronger trainer named Tobias. He had a Darkrai and a Latios. Even though I tried using some of my best Pokemon against him, I could only beat 2 before losing." Ash said with a solemn tone.

Goh was shocked "D-DARKRAI AND LATIOS??? BUT THAT'S A MYTHICAL AND A LEGENDARY!!! HOW'D HE EVEN CATCH THEM?!?!!" A bewildered Goh stated.

"Dunno, although you've caught a Suicune before, so I figured catching Legendary Pokemon must just be something only special trainers can do. Although I had caught Melmetal and a Naganadel before, so I guess that makes me pretty special too," Ash said with a wide grin on his face.

"Sounds great!" Goh said, happy that Ash didn't seem too saddened by his old loss.

The pair talked all about Sinnoh as their plane progressed, little did they know, another individual had made her way to Sinnoh earlier carrying just as much excitement, if not more.

"Ah, so this is the Sinnoh region. It's a long way from Hoenn, but this refreshing breeze really makes up for it. This'll definitely help me get my spirits up for the Wallace Cup," A certain honey blonde girl said with great excitement.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ash quickly fell asleep as the plane passed through the dark sky. Figuring he may as well regain his energy in case he were to encounter any other trainers participating in the World Coronation Series. What initially began as a fond little dream about cruising through the night on a rambunctious Archeops soon turned grim as everything around Ash's dream world turned dark. He looked around seeing the pitch black void into the empty nothingness.