Clash of the Dragons

"Statements"

'Thoughts'

Side Notes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charizard X soared up to the sky and reveled in the new power of the Mega Evolved form in all its blazing glory. From the high skies, the mighty dragon released a breathtaking roar. Both hunters and their Pokemon stood in awe as the earth beneath them trembled when the champion's ace finally landed. 

Hunter J went from flabbergasted to irate in a matter of seconds. "Grrrrr, you weren't even supposed be here. I'll make sure to crush you like dirt." Salamence took the hint and burst forth a ground shaking Dragon Pulse. Charizard flew off while the attack chased after it. The onslaught tore through large chunks of land and trees as it continued to trail the fast paced Fire/Dragon type. Rinto and Gallade followed suit with a series of far reaching Psycho Cuts, although Charizard's speed meant the closest hits they could land were a few passing grazes.

Even though Alain appreciated his Pokemon's show of strength, he couldn't risk the collateral damage that would most certainly proceed if this continuous volley of attacks dragged on. "Charizard, there are too many innocent Pokemon in the vicinity! We have to keep this battle close ranged!"

Charizard responded to its master's command by abruptly ending its course of evasion and piloting around the oncoming attacks, swooping over to its foes in the process. Its fists started to surge with yellow sparks until the move known as 'Thunder Punch' was produced. Gallade and Salamence kept on guard to see who it would attack first, only for both to get blitzed with electric powered knuckles.

Rinto's eyes widened at the sudden attack. 'That speed! Tch, there's really nothing we can do. Not unless...' His mind lingered towards a certain memory of his.

"J, do you think he will be arriving soon?" Rinto asked urgently.

"Are you talking about...." Hunter J paused. Rinto gave a firm nod to clear her suspicions. "There was a deal set in place between him and Team Scythe. It just depends on whether he'll take it or not."

Rinto took a deep breath. "Then we may have to place our bets on his arrival. All we can do at the moment is stall."

Hunter J didn't cherish the idea of having to stall for backup, but in the back of her mind, she knew they wouldn't fare much better otherwise. Gallade and Salamence got back to their feet, which Charizard responded to with a growl(not the move).

"Gallade, use Close Combat!" Rinto ordered.

Alain acted in accordance and sent his Charizard off to counter. "Dodge the attack and redress them."

Charizard keenly swayed through the combination of punches and kicks that Gallade tried to connect before grabbing the Blade Pokemon and tossing it away. Gallade must've flown off at least a few hundred feet, passing through numerous branches before finally being caught by a tree trunk.

There series of events gained a concerned, "No!" from its trainer. Gallade attempted to use  the tree it landed on to leverage its body upwards, but failed to do so properly as its body dropped back. J and her Salamence took this chance to catch Charizard off guard with a Hyper Beam. 

"Block it," Alain solemnly said.

Charizard crossed its arms and used Dragon Claw to deflect the Hyper Beam with ease.

"Now attack it with a piece of the floor beneath you!" Alain continued

Charizard heaved a chunk of the ground and soared off into the sky before instantly flinging the piece in its opponent's direction from above. Salamence took the full weight of the rushing mass of earth, leaving a large dust cloud to surround it upon impact.