The Legend Tamer pt. 1

"Statements"

'Thoughts'

Side Notes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serena woke up to a strange feeling below the side of her head.

'That's strange,' Serena wondered, 'This doesn't feel like my Delphox' shoulder.' She turned her head over to whom her head laid upon, only to be met with a blurry image of a raven haired boy, currently engaged in a deep sleep. She'd rubber her eyes a few times to get a better look, only to receive the shock of her life. She promptly stood up as she viewed his face, mentally grasping every single detail.

'I-I-It's A-Ash!' Even her thoughts began to stutter as she processed this. Blood began to rush to her face as she realized she'd been sleeping on her crush's shoulder, whom of which still had no idea of her awakening. Never in a million years would she have thought to encounter him again. She always thought she'd see him again in a major Pokemon battle event, not suddenly sleeping next to her on a chair in a hospital's hallway.

'Why is he here? How is he here? Did he come to see me? No, that's ridiculous, Serena.' She pressed her hands to her cheeks as any possible answers refused to enter her mental system. At around this point in time, Delphox began to readjust its sleeping position, projecting a small noise in the process. While Ash's eyes began to move, it thankfully wasn't enough to wake him. Serena let out a sigh in relief at the close call and sat back down. As that happened, however, she'd accidentally pressed hard on her chair, causing it to squeak.

She froze as Ash opened his eyes and began to scratch his head. The young girl couldn't utter a coherent word as she turned to face him. Her companion stretched out before noticing the girl beside him, wide awake.

"Hey Serena! You're awake!" Ash beamed in excitement. She quickly regained her composure, tamed her blush, and responded.

"Oh yeah, hey Ash! Sorry about waking you up, I was just surprised to see you here." She said as she rubbed the back of her head in embarrassment.

"I guess that makes sense, you were probably a bit shocked to see me here of all places." A bit shocked was a heavy understatement, but Serena nodded anyway.

"Yeah, I kinda was. So, um, why are you here, exactly?" She asked.

"Well, you see, the hospital had called to tell me that a friend of mine was sent to the hospital, so I rushed back here last night." He said.

"Wait, so you know Goh?!?" Serena spoke loudly, not noticing that she'd woken up her starter while doing so. She apologized to Delphox before quickly turning her head back to Ash, who was surprised of her knowledge of his friend, but began to answer anyways.

"He's my good friend and research fellow. We'd help Professor Cerise with his research assignments by going on journeys all over the place and meeting all new kinds of Pokemon! We came over to Sinnoh to look over some Shiny Garchomp." Ash proudly said. Serena couldn't help but smile at the boy's enthusiasm. The job seemed nice, even if she didn't know every single detail.

He began to describe the crazy ride he'd been on when they got to Sinnoh, and told her of the Ultra Class Tournament that Conway informed him of. He'd went on an excited rant about every detail, including the battle gathering opportunity that he looked forward to. Ash had been so excited when he learned of all this until he'd heard the news about Goh. His excitement began to drift off again, and the pair looked down with gloomy faces.

"The good news is, the doctor told me he didn't find anything too serious on Goh. He'll be out in a coma for a while, and his arm was pretty messed up, but other than that, he's gonna be fine." He said with a newly regained cheerfulness. This information seemed to delight them a bit more.