1 »

━━━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━━━

𝑯𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆. 𝑯𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔, 𝒏𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒑𝒔... 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒅,
" 𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏."

━━━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━━━

"Keep still!"

Prosche had a bitter face on while he stood in one place as his father forced a tight dress on him. It was a beautiful dress but it belonged to his sister who was nowhere to be found and because of that, Prosche had to wear her dress.

"Now remember to act like a woman. We need to fool them all until you marry him. Once your marriage is official then it will be easier to switch you and your sister's place." The old man spoke out his desperate plan of marrying his daughter to a well-off family.

"How long will I have to do this?" Prosche scratched at his arm that was now beginning to feel numb.

"As long as it takes! Until we find your sister... Just hope that she didn't get too far... Now enough of that. We need to get to your future husband."

Prosche followed behind his father. He had paid for transportation so that Prosche didn't have to walk in the dress all the way across town.

When they arrived a lovely looking man helped them and escorted them to the seating area." Welcome... Please make yourselves at home."
A high-pitched voice broke the silence.

An old but young looking female stepped into the room giving both Prosche and his father a bow.

"Ohh Thank you. Thank you." Prosche watched his father bow with a wide smile. "Am very happy that our children will be joining our families..." He said again to the female.

She looked down to Prosche and pulled a small smile. "Narin?"

"Yes, Miss...."

"Oh Just call me Mother or mom..." She pulled Prosche up from his kneeling position. "You'll be my daughter-in-law soon so just call me mom."

Prosche tried pulling a smile that was feminine but ended up looking constipated. 

"Are you okay child?"

Prosche just nodded. He didn't trust his voice yet, he didn't have enough time to practice how to speak with a soft high tone so he just used his head to answer the woman.

"Good good... Let me get Kinn so you two can finally meet."

Prosche stood still in his position trying to fight the urge to run away. He made a note to himself that when his sister returned he would smack her head hard enough to make her scared of leaving the house by herself again.

"Swadii krap..." A deep voice sounded, bringing Prosche back to his reality. A tall cold faced man stood in front of him. He lifted his head slowly, looking at him. It was his father that had to bring Prosche out of his little zoned-out faze.

"Ohh, Swadii khrap ahh Swadii Ka.." Prosche ate his words when he realized he spoke with the wrong polight porticicpal. Would this small mistake expose him and his fathers plan?

"Sit, sit. Let's eat or the food will go cold." Prosche turned away from the other male, proceeding to sit in the seat opposite him.

"Kinn, this is Narin. Daughter of the deputy chief of police." Kinn's mother was the first to speak, breaking the ice. Next was Prosche's father who first put on a smile before introducing his 'daughter'.

"Ahh, Narin this is Kinn, your soon-to-be husband."

Both males nodded before it was time to eat. The table was filled with friendly conversation and laughter but it only came from the two elders. Kinn and Prosche on the other hand were extremely quiet. 

Prosche wacthed Kinn closely. To him, Kinn looked out of it. Almost like he was drunk which was not possible since the wine was only served after the meal. 

"Deputy chief... Let's give these two a few moments to them selfs. They should get to know each other a bit before the wedding this Friday."

Prosche turned to look at his father. He was sweating like a pig but he didn't once fail in playing his role. "Yes...Let's go." He stood up taking the woman's hand in his own.

The small room was then left with two people. The silence was beginning to fill the small space. It was suffocating but Prosche couldn't do anything about it. He still didn't trust his own voice yet so he didn't dare speak.

Kinn on the other hand was taking this time to look at his future wife. He leaned in and took a long look at her face. Her eyes, nose, and lips then said out loud. "You're a strange-looking woman."

________________