1. the magic in the walls

My eyes were feeling heavy like they were being pushed down by gravity. Currently, I was sitting in my bed typing a story and listening to season 4 episode 12 of The Vampire Diaries. I didn't intend for it to come on, but it did. Every time I watch or even listen to it, I cry. It was the episode where Kol was killed by the measly Gilberts. I don't understand why they did that! Ok, yes, Jeremy needed to complete the hunters' mark and yes, it was a good idea but still, why did it have to be Kol. JUST WHY?!

Anyways, I am Adi Harland and I am a wild child with no life.

My room was quiet and empty. The grey walls held nothing special, the windows didn't show a magical world -- only my own -- and the closet doors didn't lead to Narnia. Oh well, I guess, for now, I am stuck here with just me and my scars on paper.

My eyes drooped lower than before and I realized I needed to go to sleep. I didn't realize my phone was in my trackie pockets but I could still sleep with it there. I shut my laptop down and placed it on the bedside table next to me, my thoughts roaming in my head. They shouldn't have killed Kol, I know he comes back but, it just doesn't sit right with me. Before my thoughts can fully consume me, I drift off to sleep with the sound of the wind pulling me closer to slumber.

~~~~~~

The wind picked up and I was awoken. My eyes felt weightless, and the world around me was dark. I got up not realizing until now that I had been sleeping on grass and dirt.

"Is this magic?" I whispered to myself, not believing what I was seeing.

This was no ordinary grass or dirt, or trees or homes. I was in Mystic Falls. I turned to see the Gilbert home with none other than Kol Mikaelson at the door. My heart started racing. He was here, like, actually here, or at least I was.

"I'm sorry I've already been invited in!" With that, his foot slammed through the door, breaking it off the hinges. My thoughts stopped at that -- he was going to die.

"KOL! YOU INSOLENT FOOL, YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!" I screamed at the vampire.

As soon as the words spilled from my mouth I knew I was going to be killed. It is probably a bad idea to insult an angry vamp, especially when he is in a killing mood.

His head whipped towards me, and he growled. He sped to me and grabbed my chin in his hand. There was pure rage behind his eyes.

"Now why would you call me that, darling?" he said, deadly calm, and I could feel his grip on me growing tighter. "Answer me, NOW," he seethed at me.

"Um... I-I... If you go in there, you will die." My voice was barely more than a whisper, but sure enough, he heard it. His face took on a contemplating look and then he turned back to me.

"Darling, mind your own business," and with that, he looked at me directly and spoke, "Wait for my return, I still need you." After the words tumbled from his mouth he sped back inside, only for me to hear the screams coming in soon after.

I could feel the effects of the compulsion on my body, but, somewhere in the back of my mind, it told me to fight it, to save Kol. It eventually took over me and I felt I could move. I took off sprinting. I ran through the Gilbert's destroyed door to find Elena firing the vervain water at Kol. I grabbed the first thing I could find -- a frying pan -- and hit her with it. It bashed the top of her head, I know I wasn't strong enough to knock her unconscious but it would keep her distracted enough for me to find a better weapon. After the third hit over the head, she caught the pan and threw it across the room, and I noticed something shiny -- the knife Kol was going to use to chop off Jeremy's arms. I lunged for the knife, picked it up, and swung at Elena, deeply cutting her in the process. I turned to hear yelling, Jeremy was screaming at me and lurched towards me, but I dodged him just in time, and Kol -- he had been standing there watching me with amusement -- chucked Jeremy out the window. He proceeded to grab Elena and snap her neck. The white oak stake rolled out of her clothes and settled near me. I snatched it up and saw how Kol was looking at me. Oh God.